New arcade beta

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • kingpirux as far as I know, the caching feature of C2 requires you to do you own updating screen to warn the player when an update is curenttly downloading

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/70/off ... onstruct-2

Yes it is a bother, and yes it feels wrong, but I guess newgrounds just does not support the feature or appcache files, which may explain the difference.

• Aphrodite what i mean is that newground actually does that. it updates the game if it is different from the cached one. Directly. Just at the start it checks if it's the same, if not, cleans and start from the begining downloading everything again, maybe in big games is slow, but actually i preffer an updated version than a popup warning in the middle of the game...

• An other problems:

1º Leaderboards: There is no filter in the ID i use. I can place any "ID" i want and make highscores inside other peoples game in the entire Scirra Arcade, there is no restriction ( i just placed by mistake the id "541" because i thought it was the id of my Leaderboard, but it was the id of my game, so the highscores that come from my game ended in some Leaderboard that uses "541" and i dont know to who it belongs, is not mine...)

2º Arcade Options: I can't enter the "Account board" easly, i still don't know were to go to edit my games, im using a message to get that link, also my game is not shown in my profile-

3ºAbout the Update problems: it should destroy cache in the computer if the game was updated. It will be great if it works as newground, amazon or any other games web page were the game is completely updated automatically every time i enter if necessary, to avoid errors and comments over old versions and broken leaderboards, saves, etc...

• KingPîrux:

1/ You may just be using the ID/name of leaderboards badly. Check this post on how to use the leaderboard in the arcade.

2/ The arcade is still in beta, that's why not all features are there. Here is the link to the games manager page.

3/ As far as I can tell, it takes a bit of time sometimes between the moment of upload and the moment I get to download the update, but otherwise, it actually does update when the version on the arcade is different from the cached version.

You might want to check your browser's settings.

• I have trouble updating my game Shattered Moon.

When i try to upload from my disk I get a 404 server error :

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

if anyone hs any clue ^^

• I have an Arcade bug to report - games in the arcade don't appear to support the Spriter plugin.... I tried my Umbra demo and the player's character is missing!! Please help.

• I encounter an error in the arcade where my scores are duplicated and so, when connecting to a game page now, I can't even play the game, I end up on an error page of the server.

• UPDATE: The game works for me now. nvm

So a couple days ago I ran into a problem with the Scirra Arcade when I tried to play "Clicking Simulator BETA", which is a game I've made. I'm able to upload new versions for the game but when I try to play it for myself on the arcade it takes me to an error screen.

Now I tried to see if the same error screen would happen on a other device. So I used my cousin's tablet to play the game and guess what? IT WORKED! I didn't know why. The game ran on every other device. But on mine it didn't work.

The following is the error message I got:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Sequence contains more than one element

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element]

System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +1188

System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +118

System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +342

System.Data.Linq.Table`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +58

System.Linq.Queryable.SingleOrDefault(IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate) +287

V4.Arcade.Leaderboards.BestScore.GetBestScores(Leaderboard leaderboard, Int32 userID, String ip) +1580

ASP.arcade_viewgame_aspx.__Render__control3(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +4811

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +268

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8

System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25

ASP.arcade_arcade_master.__Render__control4(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +696

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +268

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100

ASP.masterpages_fresh_master.__RenderForm1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +187

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +216

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +53

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +128

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +128

System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1386

Can someone help me? My PC runs on Windows 8.1. Someone help

• Hey so i cant upload a game to the scirra arcade at all cant even go to the page. I've tried through ZIP and URL and im using construct 206.

Here's the error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not read block - no data! (position 0x00000000)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Could not read block - no data! (position 0x00000000)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[BadReadException: Could not read block - no data! (position 0x00000000)]

Ionic.Zip.SharedUtilities._ReadFourBytes(Stream s, String message) +178

Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf) +112

[ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile]

Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf) +640

Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read(String fileName, TextWriter statusMessageWriter, Encoding encoding, EventHandler`1 readProgress) +135

V4.Arcade.Publisher.GetArcadeJSONFromUnpublishedZip() +45

V4Arcade_GameManager_NewGameDetails.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +762

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34249

• scirra.com/arcade/action-games/skeleton-slayer-2-22

In this game, for some reason a certain set of sprites are not showing (with animations).

In the main menu the ranger related images, and in game the ranger and the skeletons.

Iv been having the same issue as you already know with my game,

so this is not a error of mine its a bug. Sometimes it works and other times it dont.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My animations are not all loading properly and my

enemies are not moving back and forth and just go off the platform.

Anyone know why my game is doing that when i upload it to

the arcade, it sometimes loads all the animations, events

and some times it don't.

• My animations are not all loading properly and my

enemies are not moving back and forth and just go off the platform.

Anyone know why my game is doing that when i upload it to

the arcade, it sometimes loads all the animations, events

and some times it don't.

What are you using to Trigger the animation's?

Try using D is Down set animation "animationname"

• > My animations are not all loading properly and my

> enemies are not moving back and forth and just go off the platform.

>

> Anyone know why my game is doing that when i upload it to

> the arcade, it sometimes loads all the animations, events

> and some times it don't.

>

What are you using to Trigger the animation's?

Try using D is Down set animation "animationname"

Its not a problem in my game but a bug when i put it on the arcade

My player animation randomly does not work and the ai of the

enemy does not function, not sure why that is everything else works and out side of arcade

everything works perfectly, but putting it on the arcade messed some things up.

• Cant upload game v2 this is my process

Main page --> Arcade then this message appears "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred."

Previously it was another problem that was above so please help thanks.

• Cant upload game v2 this is my process

Main page --> Arcade then this message appears "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred."

Previously it was another problem that was above so please help thanks.

Would like help i mean it's been about 2-3 weeks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)