Background mode plugin (Tools)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create the right kind of drama with Film Scoring Tools sound library!
  • Background mode plugin — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/game-making-tools/background-mode-plugin-1174

<p>This plugin can make your game run constantly in background! This is a must have for Tamagochi game.</p>

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Background mode plugin

• If this were 50 $ or less, I'd actually buy. Not really worth more than that.

• If this were 50 $ or less, I'd actually buy. Not really worth more than that.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm updating this plugin and will release the update with discount soon.

By the way, the discount will be held with my new product --

[eBook] Generate Android APK with Your Own Windows PC

• get rid off Intel XDK
  • Just bought the Plugin!

Very happy

• Just bought the Plugin!

Very happy

Thanks for your support!

• Excited to see the price drop! I'll be buying soon!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi guys~

I just tested the new Crosswalk 15 with this plugin. It works fine, but it looks that Crosswalk 15 will disable your audio if your game is suspended for a long time.

So, for everyone who uses this plugin, please revert back to <CLI 4.1.2> + <Crosswalk 14>.

• --

• - Snip -

Hey Jomo,

Does this actually allow an app to run in the background - or does it just emulate that action?

I need a plugin which will allow my app to constantly monitor the phones GPS and then reopen the app if the GPS stays in the same place for some time. Will this plugin do that?

If so you've got a sale

• > - Snip -

>

Hey Jomo,

Does this actually allow an app to run in the background - or does it just emulate that action?

I need a plugin which will allow my app to constantly monitor the phones GPS and then reopen the app if the GPS stays in the same place for some time. Will this plugin do that?

If so you've got a sale

To understand the concept we'll need to explain the "life cycle" of an app. Taking Android as a example, when you minimize the app, it will go to Pause state. In Pause state, your app still runs but you can't see it. So putting a app to Pause state is similar to the traditional concept of "background". We can bring it to Resume state and everything goes like before.

But, if you didn't bring the app to foreground for some period, Android will bring your app to Stop state. This is what we don't want to see because Stop state released almost every resources. So when you bring an app from Stop state back to Start state, you'll see the splash screen again and all your game data will be lost.

Now the problems are:

1. Typically, Android automatically kills your app in Pause state if it has been paused for several minutes.

2. If you installed some memory management app like CleanMaster, sometimes it will kills your apps in Pause state.

So the conclusion is: We need to keep our app in Pause state and Avoiding it being killed(stopped) by Android or other memory management apps.

========

And secondly, this plugin brings back your game to foreground when user touching corresponding notification bar(like the notification bar for un-read SMS). I'm sorry this plugin can't automatically bring your game to foreground. Alternatively, it can add a notification bar or play alarm sounds in background.

• Hello,

Did you remove your plugin from the store?

I'm interested in its features...

Best,

quendera

• Hello,

Did you remove your plugin from the store?

I'm interested in its features...

Best,

quendera

Yes, this product is removed from Scirra store. Because I'm tired of IntelXDK's frequent changes.

• > Hello,

>

> Did you remove your plugin from the store?

> I'm interested in its features...

>

> Best,

> quendera

>

Yes, this product is removed from Scirra store. Because I'm tired of IntelXDK's frequent changes.

What a shame, I was really interested in its features.

Is there no way you would bring it back and, if not, do you know of any alternative way of doing something similar?

My company is developing an internal "experience sampling" app and your plugin was absolutely perfect for our purpose.

Best,

Quendera

• Are you going to make a Android app or iOS app? According to the life cycle rules of modern mobile phones, apps are not allowed to running in background unless some special conditions. So the way this plugin uses is a tweak to hide your app in background. Since it is a tweak, it is not well tested on major mobile phones. I'll reopen the product page, please download the test app and run it on your target mobile for testing first.

• Will it work in windows game?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)