Intel XDK - orientation problems

0 favourites
  • I am actually facing an issue after installing the PhoneGapScreenOrientationPortrait plugin. It has successfully put the game on portrait mode.

Whenever I saw a full screen ad ( from Admob) and move the device to landscape mode, the ad starts showing in landscape even though the portrait plug in was used. After the ad is over, the games orientation would still be in Portrait, but scale of all the sprites has increased by big margin. So Unless I restart the game it is not playable.

My guess is that when the advertisement went from Portrait to landscape, it would have scaled its object. When I exit the ad the scaling factor gets applied to the game also. I made an attempt to set layout to scale 1.0 after the ad is over. But it didn't help.

• please advice how to find PhonegapScreenOrientationLandscape plugin and install it.

Thank you very much.

• I've been having the same problem but damn why should we pay 25 to fix a bug that shouldn't be there? I'm really pissed at how construct 2 works with everything you want to do there is something ells you got to get!

• I've been having the same problem but damn why should we pay 25 to fix a bug that shouldn't be there? I'm really pissed at how construct 2 works with everything you want to do there is something ells you got to get!

I agree completely with this.

Why it is even a problem?

• Mcreator83 tomz365 Vegamon007 BouncyTrip

I managed to find the way around the XDK orientation problem. I found the solution on StackOverflow.

The plugin is called cordova-yoik-screenorientation and all you need to do is:

Add it as a "third party plugin" in XDK.

Add the following into your index.html head:

<script>

screen.lockOrientation('landscape');

</script>

...you can change landscape to portrait if you want.

The github link for plugin: https://github.com/gbenvenuti/cordova-p ... rientation

• help with this...................

The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.

You can view the log of the Android build here

Build Log:

The App ID is "cruz.ruddycruz2kyahoo.tf"

The App Name is "tf"

Crosswalk Version: 11.40.277.7

No plugins were found in the intelxdk.config.xml file.

App name updated to [tf]

Updated "minSdkVersion" with "14"

Updated "targetSdkVersion" with "19"

Updated "installLocation" to "auto"

Updated "screenOrientation" to "landscape"

Updated "versionCode" to "60001"

Updated "versionName" to "1"

Added "debuggable" to "false"

Installed ldpi launch icon

Installed mdpi launch icon

Installed hdpi launch icon

Installed xhdpi launch icon

• Mcreator83 tomz365 Vegamon007 BouncyTrip

I managed to find the way around the XDK orientation problem. I found the solution on StackOverflow.

The plugin is called cordova-yoik-screenorientation and all you need to do is:

Add it as a "third party plugin" in XDK.

Add the following into your index.html head:

<script>

screen.lockOrientation('landscape');

</script>

...you can change landscape to portrait if you want.

The github link for plugin: https://github.com/gbenvenuti/cordova-p ... rientation

thanks I will try it out later. I rebuilt the game in portrait but I will need it fixed for a bigger game so it's a good thing there is a fix for it.

• I also have the orientation problem with Intel XDK.

Did you managed to fix your problem ?

• Has anyone using Intel XDK been able to build for Android with the screen orientation locked to landscape, which would work on both sides of the device (allowing the device rotate 180 degrees)?

I've tried lots of different methods and cordova extensions, but it seems to be either that there's no rotation lock at all, or the lock is strictly at one side of the landscape only without allowing the screen orientation flipping to the other side. on iOS this is fine, as long as you fix the plist definitions but Android seems a challenge.

• nothing works here, i can't get landscape. I tried everything. even cranberrys plugin....

• nothing worked that i read here and all over the internet...

than i just added in first event

on start of layout

browser:lock orientation portrait

and... voala!

screen is locked

• irina you are the best. Just what I have been looking for. Now will test on my device.

Happy Game Developing

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • volcank Did this work for you? I just tried doing this for landscape and I had no luck.

Thanks.

• CDogs1964 yes it worked but for portrait didn't try landscape yet. I built my game with Intel XDK tough and before building I also from inside XDK select full screen and select portrait from the drop down menu.

• I am also using XDK and chose Full Screen on build settings. I chose Landscape as default within C2 and the first line of the first event within the game is Browser: Lock orientation to Landscape.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)