[Plugin] Photon Cloud

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • The latest stable r206 works for me. So there is nothing to worry about for the time being.

• Would this plugin work with an platform shooter or is this just for turn based and etc?

If a platform shooter would work could someone give some brief knowledge on how it would work?

• photon breaks Latest beta r208, throws an error screen an launching construct2

This... This needs to be worried about..

Can't even open C2 to continue my project and I wish to use Proton. I can't revert back to older version otherwise I won't be able to open my project.. So please fix your plugin..

• Would this plugin work with an platform shooter or is this just for turn based and etc?

If a platform shooter would work could someone give some brief knowledge on how it would work?

In theory Photon allows to implement any type of game. But consider higher latency for websockets compared to other platform's udp.

Check Photon showcase for web: https://www.exitgames.com/en/Turnbased/ ... s-allTypes

Also keep in mind that Photon plugin does not have full Photon features. But basics should be enough for most cases.

Working with Construct 2 sometimes looks more tricky for me than plain js sdk usage. But if this is tool of your choice than you just need to sync data over network as shown in pool demo.

• Can't even open C2 to continue my project and I wish to use Proton. I can't revert back to older version otherwise I won't be able to open my project.. So please fix your plugin..

What made you switch to beta version? Did you reported the issue to Construct 2 developers?

What errors do you have exactly?

• ThePhotons

The id of expressions should not be duplicated (now they all are 0). It might rise errors while using this plugin in beta version.

BTW, scirra would not response bug reports of 3rd plugin.

• ThePhotons

The id of expressions should not be duplicated (now they all are 0). It might rise errors while using this plugin in beta version.

ThePhotons

Pretty much this. I always test out new features with beta builds. Now I manage to open my project, but I have to now click "Retry" when the error message pops up to continue in my project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ThePhotons

Thanks rexrainbow.

You already pointed me on expression id issue couple of month ago but I was not aware how that can break projects in future editor versions.

Now expression ids fixed and package updated. Tested with editor v 206

[quote:m86qgnba]

Sure. Initial issue report was so vague that it was not clear who is responsible.

• Pretty much this. I always test out new features with beta builds. Now I manage to open my project, but I have to now click "Retry" when the error message pops up to continue in my project.

Please test if updated plugin works for you in editor beta version

• >

> Pretty much this. I always test out new features with beta builds. Now I manage to open my project, but I have to now click "Retry" when the error message pops up to continue in my project.

>

Please test if updated plugin works for you in editor beta version

It's been fixed. Thank you.

• Sorry i bad know English, so I can't understand where download plugin, and how to install it.

Can you help me please?

• It seems like there's an error when joining and creating a new game. It throws this error

Uncaught Error: Master: PhotonPeer[_send] - Operation 227 - failed, "isConnected" is false , "isClosing" is false !
    [/code:32feu3wp] I don't know if its maybe me who is doing something wrong but i would be nice if someone could help me out with this  

Edit:
    It also seems like Photon doesn't work with NW.js, i only get this error [code:32feu3wp]Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 NameServer: PhotonPeer[_onError] - Connection error: {"path":{"length":0},"cancelBubble":false,"returnValue":true,"srcElement":{"binaryType":"blob","protocol":"","extensions":"","bufferedAmount":0,"readyState":3,"url":"ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/","URL":"ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/"},"defaultPrevented":false,"timeStamp":1436043732024,"cancelable":false,"bubbles":false,"eventPhase":2,"currentTarget":{"binaryType":"blob","protocol":"","extensions":"","bufferedAmount":0,"readyState":3,"url":"ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/","URL":"ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/"},"target":{"binaryType":"blob","protocol":"","extensions":"","bufferedAmount":0,"readyState":3,"url":"ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/","URL":"ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/"},"type":"error"}Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 a.logPhoton-Javascript_SDK.min.js:20 a.errorPhoton-Javascript_SDK.min.js:15 a._onErrorPhoton-Javascript_SDK.min.js:4 _socket.onerror[/code:32feu3wp]
  • DrGurka

First error means that client is not connected to the server when tries to send CreateGame operation.

So Photon works for you if used alone in construct 2 application but fails after you add another plugin?

What does "with NW.js" mean?

• Sorry i bad know English, so I can't understand where download plugin, and how to install it.

Can you help me please?

Please find plugin download link in first lines of very first post of this thread.

Installation is the same as for any other construct 2 plugin. Refer to construct 2 documentation.

• NW.js

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)