Plugin converter

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
HSV RGB Color Picker and Converter for Construct 3
  • Thank you for this fantastic tool!! Kudos for creating this and making it available - it's saved me hours of work .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I should have a 'drawing' compatible converter very soon. Just testing now.

• blackhornet - keep up the good work!

• v1.0.0.12 available.

Note: I'll be posting a conversion of "Paster" shortly.

• blackhornet and Gigatron - could you try converting alpha threshold effect please? the original author says he's too busy to get around to it these days

Download link:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... umljLEgdl7

Thanks!

• Awesome plugin. I have a minor inconsistency to report - the editor properties lists from edittime.js are not migrating correctly to behavior.js. I think that this is my fault for not using carriage-returns to divide the property_list values.

• I don't interpret the code, I pretty much go line by line, and it matches Scirra templates, then that's what gets migrated. If the source varies too much from the sample templates, things will fail.

It's easiest just to tweak the source (or a copy of the source) and try again. I already make three passes though the source to clean it up, but I have to stop somewhere.

• justifun

blackhornet and Gigatron - could you try converting alpha threshold effect please? the original author says he's too busy to get around to it these days

Download link:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... umljLEgdl7

Thanks!

Just converted in lightspeed ... means 80 times restart C3.. clear cache, rename zip file to .c3addon ... errors somewhere and restart again ... + 3 beers ..

A Nightmare to converting something for C3.

So try this if it's same as the original ;

http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C3/FX/atreshold.c3addon

Regards

PS: blackhornet

The conversion is pretty simple .... the hell is the 2 other files especially the en-US.json , the best way is

just integrate this file on addon.json .. finally we have effect.fx + addon.json ...

here an example for what i would like ;

{
    	"is-c3-addon": true,
    	"type": "effect",
    	"name": "AThreshold",
    	"id": "atr",
    	"version": "1.0.0.0",
    	"author": "Paulo Ricardo Reinehr",
    	"website": "https://www.construct.net",
    	"documentation": "https://www.construct.net",
    	"description": "Alpha values below the threshold are converted to transparent and above to opaque with a smoothness control. ",
    	"file-list": [
    		"lang/en-US.json",
    		"addon.json",
    		"effect.fx"
    	],

"category": "color",
    	"blends-background": false,
    	"cross-sampling": false,
    	"preserves-opaqueness": true,
    	"animated": false,
    	"extend-box": {
    		"horizontal": 0,
    		"vertical": 0
    	},

"parameters": [
    		{
    			"id": "Threshold",
    			"type": "percent",
    			"initial-value": 0.5,
                            "name": "Threshold",                                     
                            "decs" : " Description of the function ",            
    			"uniform": "threshold"
    		},

]
    }

[/code:j7anmqi5]
  • Gigatron , sorry, I actually did start effect conversion, but I have outstanding issues still. However, if you add -effect to the command-line it will convert effects. Should save some time in the future, even if not complete.

• blackhornet

Trying to use the -effect switch as a start, but I'm getting an error. Just as a test, I am starting with an old version of the Outline.

Directory of D:\Projects\NormalExtended\OutlineC2

11/27/2017  04:15 PM    <DIR>          .
    11/27/2017  04:15 PM    <DIR>          ..
    11/27/2017  04:15 PM             1,547 outline.fx
    11/27/2017  04:15 PM             2,100 outline.xml
                   2 File(s)          3,647 bytes
                   2 Dir(s)  395,019,923,456 bytes free

D:\Projects\NormalExtended>C2C3AddonConverter.exe -effect d:\Projects\NormalExtended\OutlineC2 d:\Projects\NormalExtended\Out
    C2C3AddonConverter 1.0.0.13
    Processing: OutlineC2
            Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

D:\Projects\NormalExtended>dir Out
     Volume in drive D is New Volume
     Volume Serial Number is 805A-25C1

Directory of D:\Projects\NormalExtended\Out

11/27/2017  07:59 PM    <DIR>          .
    11/27/2017  07:59 PM    <DIR>          ..
                   0 File(s)              0 bytes
                   2 Dir(s)  395,019,923,456 bytes free
    [/code:3m7q22f0]

I'm trying to convert over [url=https://www.scirra.com/forum/effect-normal-map-extended-1-01-updated-13-jul_t149650]NormalMapExtended[/url]

Originally, since I thought effects conversion were not supported by your converter yet, I starting writing yet another c# hacky helper tool to convert over the most tedious parts of the effect xml (parameter section for addon.json and parameter description section for the en-US.json). I thought I got them working (looks like valid json for both), but C3 crashing after adding the addon (I've been going back to safe mode to uninstall, then install again in normal mode.) I found a couple issues like setting id to lowercase, but then I was stumped. I guess I should go jump into developer mode.

However, seeing that you are now on your way to include effect in your conversion tool, I shall stop and be patient! Thanks for all your work on this.
  • You need to specify an output path also.

• You need to specify an output path also.

I am specifying an output dir (the command line is wrapping above in the code window.)

Here's another example with a shortened commandline:

D:\Projects\NormalExtended>C2C3AddonConverter.exe -effect .\OutlineC2 .\Out

C2C3AddonConverter 1.0.0.13

Processing: OutlineC2

Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• justifun

Just converted in lightspeed ... means 80 times restart C3.. clear cache, rename zip file to .c3addon ... errors somewhere and restart again ... + 3 beers ..

A Nightmare to converting something for C3.

So try this if it's same as the original ;

http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C3/FX/atreshold.c3addon

Regards

Gigatron

Any general tips / guidance on converting over effects? What do you typically have to change in the *.fx file (I'm looking at the effect SDK and comparing some *.fx before and after, but would be interested if you have general tips. I agree with your comments on the other files, right now they are a bit of a pain to deal with.

I'm trying to convert over NormalMapExtended

• OK, my mess: When specifying the path, include the file name without the extension. I'll need to clean this up later. So if NormalMapExt.fx is inside

D:\Projects\NormalExtended, then use input: D:\Projects\NormalExtended\NormalMapExt

The reasoning is, effects all live in the same directory, so you need to specify the name.

• Great! That seemed to work. Thanks for the help. I'll post a separate thread on the experimental result.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)