Will Scirra C3 exporter have improved performance over XDK?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • >

> > Just tested phonegap with a tiny test game and the performance is embarrassing.

> >

>

> > forgot to mention that fps lies steadily between 57 and 60.

> >

> It sounds like your game is actually running great then!

>

> Yep it does, thanx for being patient with me

>

Honestly, this is so routine it's ridiculous. If anyone ever complains of poor performance I always try to help - and it virtually always comes down to either GPU blacklisting (known, documented and relatively minor problem affecting just a few % of devices), some silly mistake (e.g. disabling optimisations), or in this case... just mysteriously disappearing? I can't even remember the last time any performance complaint turned out to be a genuine problem - and I've looked in to a lot.

From now on, I think I will simply ignore complaints about performance. Either you provide a .capx and performance data, or I won't pay attention, because it is routinely just a waste of time. I will of course still investigate genuine problems. But I'm really tired of these constant wild goose chases. It just doesn't seem worth the effort. And it's not just you - it's lots of people, all the time.

This is also exactly why we stick to HTML5. People often accuse it of being slow, and whenever I investigate, it's always these same things. I think I'll start linking to this thread when people ask for native exporters...

Look, I showed you that I haven't got a blacklisted GPU and it always runs slow. I need to send you another capx 'cos I can't seem to get rid of third-party plugins, no matter how I try.

• Sounds like debugging/ optimizing as a service might be worth looking into.

Forum based?

Store integration?

• Sounds like debugging/ optimizing as a service might be worth looking into.

Forum based?

Store integration?

I agree, scirra's upcoming exporter really needs to compete with cocoon instead of

matching xdk, whilst maintaining compatability properly.

Crosswalk lite would also be a great integration.

• I mean having people who would be willing to sign an nda and fix projects for users.

You wouldn't want someone who didn't know what they were doing, so some sort of credential system would have to be made.

I kind of doubt Scirra would want to add that on to all the other things they are doing.

• I mean having people who would be willing to sign an nda and fix projects for users.

I regularly offer to do this for free on the forum. Usually I am simply never sent a project despite asking for it, and after that, it's either GPU blacklisting or a silly mistake.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > I mean having people who would be willing to sign an nda and fix projects for users.

>

I regularly offer to do this for free on the forum. Usually I am simply never sent a project despite asking for it, and after that, it's either GPU blacklisting or a silly mistake.

Okay, I've cleared out that file I sent you of plugins for the third time, really hard to try and catch them all, hope fully it should be okay now.

• > I mean having people who would be willing to sign an nda and fix projects for users.

>

Re-sent, and hacked out the third-party plugs.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)