FB Instant Games - Leaderboard

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easy Leaderboard is a simple 3-column (position, name, score) leaderboard with a customizable appearance
  • For those that wanted a pre-made leaderboard, here is one I made:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=72443483567597873242

The leaderboard shows 10 players at a time. You can go to next / prev 10 players. There's also a button to view the top 10 players, and button to view your position in the leaderboard.

It shows Player rank, score, name, and image.

I can't give much support, but feel free to use it.

To test it, just change the name of the leaderboard (mine is non-contextual), and upload the export to facebook, all submitted scores will show up. (note: I've only tested with a few players in the leaderboard)

Hi , I've a problem whit images i can't see any image and i can see only the data of player:leaderboardText

Please can you help me ?

Thanks

• Has anyone had their game approved recently? Mine is still under review since i submit it well over a month ago.

• Has anyone had their game approved recently? Mine is still under review since i submit it well over a month ago.

Yes I have.

Just have patience, you will get a notification soon wether it is approved or not. 5-6weeks is the queue... :)

• For those that wanted a pre-made leaderboard, here is one I made:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=72443483567597873242

The leaderboard shows 10 players at a time. You can go to next / prev 10 players. There's also a button to view the top 10 players, and button to view your position in the leaderboard.

It shows Player rank, score, name, and image.

I can't give much support, but feel free to use it.

To test it, just change the name of the leaderboard (mine is non-contextual), and upload the export to facebook, all submitted scores will show up. (note: I've only tested with a few players in the leaderboard)

the code works but if i put it on my game doesn't work, what can be ?

• algorart

It's probably the UID of each of the text fields.

It's a bit messy, as I didnt create lots of individual text fields, but rather just instances of the same text fields.

• jagoman, your code sample made lives easier, thanks!

i have a question though, some games show a challenge button next to friends' names, i think they either send a message to them or send a notification, is this something we can do with the plugin yet?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • jagoman, your code sample made lives easier, thanks!

i have a question though, some games show a challenge button next to friends' names, i think they either send a message to them or send a notification, is this something we can do with the plugin yet?

you can make invites/challenges etc via the Share function on the plugin. ShareAsync

the other functions for the "real challenges", with multiplayer and change contexts etc are not supported by this plugin. StartGameAsync, UpdateAsync, SwitchGameAsync

• > jagoman, your code sample made lives easier, thanks!

>

> i have a question though, some games show a challenge button next to friends' names, i think they either send a message to them or send a notification, is this something we can do with the plugin yet?

you can make invites/challenges etc via the Share function on the plugin. ShareAsync

the other functions for the "real challenges", with multiplayer and change contexts etc are not supported by this plugin. StartGameAsync, UpdateAsync, SwitchGameAsync

There is a suggestion to implement it in the c3 suggestion platform. But it seems Ashley is so much focused on the c3 runtime that is not very willing to make more implementations in instant games plugin.

Please vote: https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-486

• fredriksthlm

yeah i tried those, they prompt to send a message to the friendlist, not a specific player immediately if we wanted to challenge him directly via messenger

i dont know what you mean by "ShareAsync", all i see in the action panel are 4 types of share, no sign of "ShareAsync" anywhere there..

Renfd

done, yeah i can it's vital for instant games, hope it gets done

• fredriksthlm

> you can make invites/challenges etc via the Share function on the plugin. ShareAsync

yeah i tried those, they prompt to send a message to the friendlist, not a specific player immediately if we wanted to challenge him directly via messenger

i dont know what you mean by "ShareAsync", all i see in the action panel are 4 types of share, no sign of "ShareAsync" anywhere there..

Renfd

done, yeah i can it's vital for instant games, hope it gets done

The functions name is shareAsync.

If you want to know how the different functions work you should read the Instant Games SDK guide. Not here on this forum.

I would guess the function you need is createAsync and chooseAsync. (not part of this plugin)

• Hey Ashley could take a look on it: https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-486 ?

Those are very important features for game virality in IG platform. Specially chooseAsync().

• jagoman

First of all thank you for the amazing .c3p file. But I'm still getting same user image for all of the test players. The images are updating but it remains the same.

• you must use different sprites. you cannot have different images per uid

• fredriksthlm,

You're right. But when I'm trying to show the different leaderboard images using the following structure but it's getting stuck when I'm uploading in test version on fb web hosting, again when I'm toggling those events to disabled everything's working smoothly and even if I'm putting command not to show anything in the image position it's being showed in the messenger instant game.

• jagoman,

There is a problem with this , i get the same image on all of leaderboard images ?

Hello, someone can explain how to solve the problem of repeated images on the leaderboard, I tried several ways but I could not. If possible send capx?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)