How do I Variable Jumpstrenght

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Hi everyone !

i'm currently trying to finish my character gameplay ! but i've got some problem, due also i guess to the touch configuration

1 - My character should Jump with a variable jumpstrenght depending of how many time, you stay holding intouch.

The thing is, as i have set on "on any touch start" -> character Jump,

i don't know how having a robust system who calculate the correct jumpstrenght in real time during the same time i touch the screen. However there i have also seen something who stop the vector Y on anytouch end, but the problem is , in this case, the jump not look smooth during the fall it's not a natural curved line.

thanks for your help

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i'm working/thinking on it, Maybe if i could be able to stop the vector Y "on any touch end" during a jump it could be a good alternative, like that i set a higher jumpstrenght value (the max), but i don't know if it's possible

• Make a capx whit basic for recreate your scene so the most veteran or experience users will have more easy help you...

• here is a starting point for you to try

hold, pause then release left mouse button to jump...

first press records time

release works out time mouse held

time held*1000 (in this case) sets the jump strength

simulate jump command

using latest beta - found at bottom of most pages under download

• Firs tat all Thanks RamPackWobble for your time,

The things is with your solution even if it work nicely, it's not the kind of behavior i was expected.

after some test, i need to make in sort to stop the Vector Y on any touch end after a jump.

do you have any idea ?

thanks again for your help

• Try - (not tested)

if sprite (jump) touched simulate jump button

if sprite button not pressed

and

player is jumping---- set Y vector to 0

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)