So I just thought I'd reach out to here regarding Wii U publishing. I understand they have an HTML5 framework, but I don't understand what that means for C2 development. Does it mean they have a "CocoonJS" type of portal/wrapping service that handles all of this?
I got the initial approval email, but it's not a full blown how too email, so I realize this might be premature, but I think its a good thread to get going because I was surprised how few threads came up searching for Wii U and there are zero entries in the manual or tutorial section on how to do this. I would be happy to change this once I understand the process myself.
I have a ton of questions about the Wii U publishing:
- can you test with a standard Wii U or is there a dev kit version of the Wii U that is needed? Heck do you "need" a Wii U at all (not saying that's a good idea, but I don't own one yet)
- how do you test a game "exe" on a Wii U? I use dropbox with the Ouya, but that's because it's an android device. I'm not sure how (maybe USB?) it's done on a Wii U
- is there a C2 plugin somewhere or other addition because I see no Wii U export option. Things like IAP and other important features come to mind that other C2 platforms have / require in order to successfully publish and monitize a game.
- can / can't you do with Wii U regarding the hardware? Like the controller touch screen, vs TV.
- How selective are they regarding the quality / scope / uniqueness of a given game. I'm trying to gauge how casual games can be to be accepted.
- more.. but these are some of the biggest ones that come to mind