How do I make working the vactor X ???

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi guys, somehow my Vector X is not working.....just a few pixels maybe....

in another part the vector Y is doing fine...but here the vector X is not really working...obviously my fault...but why ?

here is my code...it's like in super mario that after hiting the enemy, the player bounces away for a certain distance of pixels...

[attachment=0:uc62p08d][/attachment:uc62p08d]

sorry...I am beginner,....and I really shame in front of so tough guys like U who can code like Pros...

2 long days...I am tring to see tutorials manuals and asking help...

thanks

• The deceleration setting is likely changing the vector x back to 0 quickly. Which it is made to do. The solution would be to set the deceleration to 0 before setting vector x. Add a wait action then set the deceleration back up to let it move for a bit.

ex.

set deceleration to 0

set vector x to 100

wait 1.0 second

set deceleration to 1000

^That will move the object 100 pixels over 1 second. You could make it only take half a second with:

set deceleration to 0

set vector x to 200

wait 0.5 second

set deceleration to 1000

You can calculate the distance moved, vector x to use and time to use with this equation:

distance = vectorX * time

You just need to have two of the values and you can calculate the other by manipulating the equation.

• very kind thanks...is it possibile to see a small capx sample ?

thanks a lot

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • R0J0hound is best person to ask

• Ah ok I maged it that was super helpful...how can i mange this :

...if the player hits from left the enemy, player bounces back left...if player hits enemy from tight,...it bounces to right side

anyway thanks,,,that was awesome

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)