FAQ

0 favourites
  • MS Paint is what comes with Windows, and yes, it sucks!

I'm not so sure about that

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2066909/insane_ms_paint_drawing_audi_allroad_quattro/

Maybe tools are just as good as the people using it (so yeah, for me MS Paint sucks )

• Well, for C2, MS Paint does suck, because it doesn't support transparency at all, which is a really important feature for game graphics!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i second non-transparency suckage...lol

• Yes I know about that. Just wanted to bring in some humor with a wink... Didn't work, so I suck at humor, too

• well, if it makes you feel better, i got the humor, i just could not miss the opportunity to bludgeon paint for no transparency support.

love dream theatre by the way.

• > MS Paint is what comes with Windows, and yes, it sucks!

>

I'm not so sure about that

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2066909/insane_ms_paint_drawing_audi_allroad_quattro/

Maybe tools are just as good as the people using it (so yeah, for me MS Paint sucks )

Strangely enough that was almost like watching an actual episode of DBZ.

• WTF!!!! That is the most amazing thing I ever seen. The Piccolo is great, but the Audi A4 is... is... well, i would say impossible. That guy must be a master to do that on MS Paint.

• Yeah the guy surely is a master

• Great off-topic replies.

• > In C1 there was a nice editor but in C2 the stupid MS Paint comes up.

>

C2 is in an early state of development. It is incomplete. The image editor is one of many things that hasn't been coded yet. That, as well as other plugins like tiled background, are things we will get round to soon, but we're not quite there yet.

BTW C2 launches the system program associated with editing PNG files. Paint.NET is a good alternative, with good transparency support. If you install that, it should launch as the image editor for C2 as well. MS Paint is what comes with Windows, and yes, it sucks!

Thanks for the info. I realise this is beta. Anyway the drag/drop you added solves the immediate problem.

Just a couple of clarifications:

1. You say "system program associated with editing PNG"

So if I associate another graphics program to PNG it will open?

So what about .JPG files? Same thing with association?

2. IN the C1 editor there is a way to set an "image point" or multiple "image points" and use them in the editor.

Is this possible in C2 to create and use an "image point" using another graphics editor? Or how else could I emulate the sample of the bullet coming out of the end of the shooter instead of the middle.

3. I also notice that the collisions of C2 are different from C1.

In C1 the collision is triggered when the bullet (or other object) hits the outline of the actual; image whereas in C2 the collision occurs at the rectangular boundary of the image even if it is transparent. This makes it look odd. (I hope I am explaining the problem correctly) Is this something you know about and will fix in a future development?

• 1. You say "system program associated with editing PNG"

So if I associate another graphics program to PNG it will open?

So what about .JPG files? Same thing with association?

Yes, if you change the editor associated with PNG files, that will open instead. C2 only uses PNG files internally, so your JPG editor won't ever be opened.

[quote:v4ml3ptz]2. IN the C1 editor there is a way to set an "image point" or multiple "image points" and use them in the editor.

Is this possible in C2 to create and use an "image point" using another graphics editor?

We haven't done image points yet! 'Coming soon'.

[quote:v4ml3ptz]3. I also notice that the collisions of C2 are different from C1.

In C1 the collision is triggered when the bullet (or other object) hits the outline of the actual; image whereas in C2 the collision occurs at the rectangular boundary of the image even if it is transparent.

We haven't done fine collisions yet. 'Coming soon'.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)