FAQ

0 favourites
  • Does C2 need as much power or more as C1 to run?

You should find C2 is faster and uses less memory than 0.x.

[quote:4ckldxkd]will C2 be portable

It should already be portable. Try copying it to a thumb drive and taking it to another computer. You should be able to launch it directly from the thumb drive, without even copying it over.

• On the second answer, last time I tried that it said it is incorrectly installed, however I used an old version, I don't know about .97 as I haven't tested.

or if you're asking to copy the installer then I believe I tried that but on other computers with administrative priorities, but I think there isn't much to do for computers that disallow installers, either it installs or it would say it's incorrectly installed if I simply copy the Construct folder with all files in, I still wonder if it's possible to make it portable like many apps in this site

http://portableapps.com/

However I read that C1 cannot do that due to DirectX so I guess it cannot be ported to computers with administrative priviliges, not that I care tough, atleast I can port it/download the installer in my laptop and it works just fine (tough not as fast as on PC but it works)

• Only C2 is portable, 0.x isn't portable... by "It should already be portable" I meant "Construct 2 is already portable"!

• Oh sorry >_< I read it wrong, it's 9:07 PM late here in Malta, couldn't concentrate, glad to know C2 will be portable.

• Do you think about including option to saet up a controle via events to load and clear textures on runtime? Thanks

• I realised some of the FAQ was out of date, so I've updated it.

• I'm a bit worried about the graphical power and other capabilities of C2.

Don't get me wrong guys, but it just looks to me the devs are too obsessed about all this html5 thing, toning everything down just to make it work right.

I mean, not even the EXE exporter is a priority anymore, and that's a pretty basic feature in every engine.

One of main reasons why I love Construct is the artistic freedom it provides. If you can make it in Photoshop, you can make it in Construct, that simple and powerful.

From what I've read until now, C2 is going to be Stencil, but with better features, because lets face it, html5 is very limited, and the "make any type of game you want" that stands for Construct, will not stand for C2.

Still, I'll wait ant buy C2, hoping it changes my mind...

• If Internet Explorer implements WebGL, we can make a WebGL exporter that has the same capabilities as the 0.x runtime. That seems unlikely though.

I'm not sure we're "obsessed" about HTML5 - we're seriously considering other platforms including an EXE exporter - as a two-man operation we just don't have time to work on any others until HTML5 is done, though!

• If Internet Explorer implements WebGL, we can make a WebGL exporter that has the same capabilities as the 0.x runtime. That seems unlikely though.

I'm not sure we're "obsessed" about HTML5 - we're seriously considering other platforms including an EXE exporter - as a two-man operation we just don't have time to work on any others until HTML5 is done, though!

I respect whatever you decide in the development of the engine. It's your project, you've done an awesome job so far, and you are very dedicated.

I'm just expressing my opinion as an user. My worries about not being able to do in C2, what i'm already used to do in Cx.

Anyway, as I said, I'll give it a try

• When are you going to be working on C2 full time?

• Hi

I am new here and just came across Construct2.

I have one major Q since I have read thru the forum.

How do I learn to use Construct2?

There are no tutorials or anything. Do I follow the tutorials for Construct 1 and the development cycle is the same as Construct2?

There are some tutorials for Construct 1 on the wiki. Is the process of dev. the same with Construct 2 except that Construct 2 exports to HTML5? If I follow those tutorials will it enable me to use Construct 2?

Thanks

• Yea, learn C1 and you'll know C2. It's the same program, just undergoing a rewrite. A few minor differences here and there.

• Yea, learn C1 and you'll know C2. It's the same program, just undergoing a rewrite. A few minor differences here and there.

Thanks for that. I checked out the tutorial video on Youtube and that helped a lot.

One problem I have with C2 is the texture editor. In C1 there was a nice editor but in C2 the stupid MS Paint comes up. I cannot open a premade image nor can I get transparent PNG's. I have resorted to copying and renaming my PNG files into the new project to replace the ones mspaint creates so as to be able to import my own images.

Edit. Just read the change log for c32.2 and I can drag and drop sprites into the layout. Beautiful. Solved my immediate problem. Thanks Ashley.

Another problem is that there are only 2 types of insertable objects so no tiling background unless I clone the images.

• The current version of C2 is for testing purposes. There will be a pay version, as well as a free one eventually, but unless your interested in taking part in the testing, you would be better off using C0.xx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In C1 there was a nice editor but in C2 the stupid MS Paint comes up.

C2 is in an early state of development. It is incomplete. The image editor is one of many things that hasn't been coded yet. That, as well as other plugins like tiled background, are things we will get round to soon, but we're not quite there yet.

BTW C2 launches the system program associated with editing PNG files. Paint.NET is a good alternative, with good transparency support. If you install that, it should launch as the image editor for C2 as well. MS Paint is what comes with Windows, and yes, it sucks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)