C3 Architect Request list

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • About all the "skinnable" which i was reading about through tons of topics over the past few months...

Really?

Is it so important for you to have a colored/darker or black background?

90% of all softwares have got a white background, so we're all used to it.

If it's to bright for you at night, adjust your monitor. Or invert your screen colors if you can't live without it.

But skinnable is just a waste of time.

If the skin of Construct is your only problem... /sigh

Well, not real important, but a preference. I use Photoshop every day and it doesn't have any white backgrounds - and I'm used to It. I use C2 every day and it has white backgrounds - and I'm used to it. But I definitely prefer Photoshop gui.

I couldn't care two hoots about Mac, or Linux, but C3 is going to support that audience.

Since the IDE is receiving a massive overhaul, you need to get it right from the ground up.

• Photoshop was always light grey unless their latest releases which became more dark.

Is there any option to change it's skin? From what i know in the older versions CS5 downwards... no. (no idea about newer versions)

Not even such a big company which has the resources of doing so cares about things like being skinnable.

As noted before, if it takes to much time to get this properly implemented into the new IDE, Ashley should completly drop it. Preference of a few developers shouldn't interfere with the development of the Software progress itself.

If it's not a big job to do so, sure why not.

At least, that's my opinion.

• I would love to have something similar to the UE4 blueprints system, at least for game states.

• It would be nice to have some team collebroation method to allow 2 or more developers to work on a project simultaneously.

The dark GUI is not a must have. But it gives the eyes a break and it also gives a more professional look to the software.

So far all id like to suggest is naming it Construct 2 PRO and not C3. Feels more right in my opinion

That wouldn't be a smart decision in my opinion. That means that Scirra will have to maintain 2 editors simultaneously. One for the C2 and one for a C2 Pro users.

• I actually hate dark GUI's, but I guess I'm a special case

• Skinnable is a result, not a low level feature. What I put in the request list was changeable IDE, even if such a feature does not appear on release. As long any someone can make the feature. That's good enough for Ashley to focus on. Low level architect.

A lot of good ideas, but it seems so far that all can be accomplished with the current running architect suggestions.

I'm crossing my fingers. Waiting for some more news down the road

• Large world Support is a must for me.

There was talk about this a while back and it is not possible to do as far as I am aware in C2.

/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=119151

Also - it might be worth adding Behavior Trees to streamline AI creation and make more responsive AI. There are some opensource alternatives out there one being BehaviorTree.js

I am not allowed to post links yet so no links.

• Large world Support is a must for me

There was talk about this a while back and it is not possible to do as far as I am aware in C2.

Just add scirra dot com

/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=119151

because I am not allowed to post links yet

Really, we have the tools to do this now...sort of. To practically do it though, you need a way of spawning objects by name, which necessitates using a third party plug by rexrainbow:

I've never actually implemented this, but basically the way it would go is that you build your open world in one layout, have a function that loops thru that layout storing the attributes of all the objects within it(position, inst vars, etc), then store that file as JSON and use it to spawn everything in/out of a blank layout. Otherwise, for a truly huge world, the loading time would be insane.

That being said, this could be streamlined immensely by a few extra built-in actions, as detailed in the thread you linked.

• > Large world Support is a must for me

>

> There was talk about this a while back and it is not possible to do as far as I am aware in C2.

>

> Just add scirra dot com

>

> /forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=119151

>

> because I am not allowed to post links yet

>

Really, we have the tools to do this now...sort of. To practically do it though, you need a way of spawning objects by name, which necessitates using a third party plug by rexrainbow:

I've never actually implemented this, but basically the way it would go is that you build your open world in one layout, have a function that loops thru that layout storing the attributes of all the objects within it(position, inst vars, etc), then store that file as JSON and use it to spawn everything in/out of a blank layout. Otherwise, for a truly huge world, the loading time would be insane.

That being said, this could be streamlined immensely by a few extra built-in actions, as detailed in the thread you linked.

I stand corrected.

Thank you for this wonderful plugin/info

I also updated my post with another request behavior trees. Most engines if not all these days use them.

There are some open source implementations of behavior trees in javascript and native code.

• HeadClot

Unfortunately Ashley feels that layout asset management should only be his responsibility. He feels that loading and unloading assets would confuse newer developers and they would complain. The complaint being that this would 100% create popin and popout issues. However this pop in/out is normal and require zone buffering and level design to avoid players seeing pop in/out. however since that requires people to take that into account in design and would be a more advanced development feature, Ashley for that reason has elected to not allow it. So yeah. We have made the request. but I doubt it's one we will see it until it more of the community becomes vocal. But C3 may allow better developer control to do so anyways. It's just a matter of seeing what comes from C3.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • HeadClot

Unfortunately Ashley feels that layout asset management should only be his responsibility. He feels that loading and unloading assets would confuse newer developers and they would complain. The complaint being that this would 100% create popin and popout issues. However this pop in/out is normal and require zone buffering and level design to avoid players seeing pop in/out. however since that requires people to take that into account in design and would be a more advanced development feature, Ashley for that reason has elected to not allow it. So yeah. We have made the request. but I doubt it's one we will see it until it more of the community becomes vocal. But C3 may allow better developer control to do so anyways. It's just a matter of seeing what comes from C3.

hmmm...

I am going to be brutally Honest -

That really turns me off from even buying C3. If you fear new people will complain. Tell them to go and read the documentation.

If at all possible give the advanced users options to enable what we want to load and unload in our scenes via Sublayers or whatever.

Also -

I was reading some where that multiplayer was not a big success in C2 and may not be included in C3. Is this true?

I cannot remember where for the life of me i read this.

I might buy C3 when more details become available but not sure yet.

• I think the problem here is two-fold:

1. Dynamic loading would be a difficult thing to 'streamline', as is Ashley's wont with most features (and thank goodness, as that's what makes C2 so usable).

2. Moreover, most users wouldn't ever touch these features. I would estimate 95% of people would go 'cool! I can build GTA now!'...and that would be about it. Building a game huge enough to need such features is a tough wall to climb all by itself.

So it's probably hard to justify spending a bunch of time adding such features.

Still...it would be really, really great to have an internal behavior like 'nickname'. That would come in very handy.

• I think the problem here is two-fold:

1. Dynamic loading would be a difficult thing to 'streamline', as is Ashley's wont with most features (and thank goodness, as that's what makes C2 so usable).

2. Moreover, most users wouldn't ever touch these features. I would estimate 95% of people would go 'cool! I can build GTA now!'...and that would be about it. Building a game huge enough to need such features is a tough wall to climb all by itself.

So it's probably hard to justify spending a bunch of time adding such features.

Still...it would be really, really great to have an internal behavior like 'nickname'. That would come in very handy.

Honestly I think I can agree with this.

• -Layout Navigator: an optional minimap

• as we are on minimap - a mnimap plugin
    • Buttons for zoom in/out layout ( like + and - next to scroll bar )
  • duuuuh, now I remember why Ashley won't implement it. Ok first I stand by my prior statement of popup. However there was another reason.

JS doesn't support asynchronous asset loading. Which means popup or not the image will cause the game to freeze. Now I still feel this is a worth implementing and can be a consequence and just part of the game design. I also searched up and there is a way to asynchronous load. Which is now added to the document.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)