Hi there, in this tutorial I will explain the proper integration of Google Ad Mob Ads using construct 2 and cocoon.io.
1. Banner or Interstitial ad unit id (https://apps.admob.com/signup)
2. Built in C2 Ad Mob Plugin
3. Cocoon.io account (https://cocoon.io/home)
Step 1 – Insert New Object
- Double click anywhere and when the insert panel pops up, search for admob
- Insert the admob Plugin
Step 2 – Configure Admob Ads
- Inside the Object types folder and select admob
- Configure by adding admob ad unit id
Step 3 – Create New Events
- Go to your desired event sheet and insert the following
Note: This will trigger an interstitial once the layout linked with this event sheet is displayed
Step 4 – Save your project!
Step 5 – Export Your Project
- File > Export Project
Step 6 – Choose a platform to export to
- Select Mobile/Cordova
Step 7 – Export Options
- Create a new folder for export
- Uncheck minify script
Step 8 – Cordova Options
- Use new Intel XDK project format
- Minimum android use Crosswalk
Step 9 – Open Destination Folder
- Keep only the www folder
- Delete all the additional files
Step 10 – Compress www folder to www.zip
Step 11 – Drag and drop to cocoon.io/home > Create Project
Step 12 – Configure Project Settings
- Fill in details in default
- Select Android fill in data
+ Webview Engine: Webview
+ Architecture: X86
+ minSDKVersion: Default
+ targetSDKVersion: Default
If you are experiencing a white screen when Ads shows up, then you should be using canvas+ in web view engine and arm7 architecture.
Step 13 – Install Admob Custom Plugin
- Insert Git Url: https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-ad-admob.git
Step 14 – Save Project!
Step 15 – Build your project and download APK !
Step 16 – Test and leave a comment! :D
Find my example game with working ads in the link:
Review my game thanks in advance guys!