This Tutorial is for:
- I rebuild my game with construct 2, now I want to replace my old apk in the play-store with my construct 2 app
- I want to get an android apk run and set up with crosswalk (webgl)
- I want to sign my apk after IntelXdk export
In this tutorial I will explain:
- how to publish your HTML exported game to Android via IntelXdk - Crosswalk
- sign the apk with your own keyfile
(so you will be able to commit new versions of your app in the play store)
1. Export your game in Construct 2 (html export/open webapp)
- File / Export project...
- and click on HTML 5 website
2. Open IntelXdk and create a new app by existing code.
- Download IntelXdk if you havn´t already. here
- sign up for free or login in with existing account
- Click on "New Project" and navigate to "Import an Existing HTML5 Project"
- Navigate to your exported app from step 1.
2.1. Check your Plugin settings
- in IntelXdk click on the upper left tab "Projects" and select your project
- now you should see the following settings
- under cordova 3.X expand the tab "Included Plugins" and uncheck everything you don´t need.
2.2. Check your Crosswalk settings
- Expand the tab "Build Settings" and inside click on the 2nd tab "Android Crosswalk"
- fill your information and be sure to uncheck!!! "Signed"
(you need to uncheck this, to sign your app by yourself - and use your own market-keystore)
2.3. Export your app
- In IntelXdk´s Main-Window click on the tab "BUILD"
- select "Crosswalk for Android"
- select "Upload Code" and hit build
- wait until its done
2.4. Download your app
- once build is done, you will be able to download the apk-files
- download your arm/x86 apk
- now you are ready to sign your app with your own keyfile :)
3. Sign your apk with your own keyfile via "apk-signer"
3.1. Download "apk-signer"
here or here
3.2. Setup APK Signer
- First setup the JDK-Path (for instance: c:\program files\java\jdk1.8.0_05\bin)
- load your own keyfile
- type in your password
- select your alias and type in your password
- select your downloaded file from step 2.4
- hit sign
- you will get a signed BUT unaligned apk
3.3. Align your apk
- in apk-signer select "APK Alignment"
- load the apk file from step 3.2
- click verify
- click align
Your apk is now ready to replace your old apk in the play store ;)