Hello! In this tutorial i will show you how to make an inventory.
First thing you need to do is to make 2 sprites:
- Item_Slot - Should be 16, 32, 64 (...).
- Item (dropped) - You can make a sword or something.
Make 2 new animations in both sprites. In Item it should be another item and in Item_Slot you need to make animations that shows your Item.
In the end, rename the Item_Slot animations to ID_0, ID_1, ID_2 and in Item ID_1, ID_2.
For Item_Slot make 3 variables:
- Item_Id - should be 0 on start. This variable holds the item ID in it.
- Slot_id - it's unique id for your slot, first make 4 slots, it will be growing number (1st one Slot_id = 1, 2nd Slot_id = 2 (...) )
- Locked - it should be 0 on start. This variable shows if the slot is locked ( = 1) or not ( =0)
Before we go to the Event Sheet, add Mouse object.
Add event where:
- When LMB clicked on 'Item'
- Slot.Slot_Id = 1 (1 is for the first slot)
- Slot.Locked = 0
Slot|Set Slot.Item_Id to Item.id
Slot|Set animation to "ID_" &item.id
Slot|Set Slot.Locked to 1
Do the same for every slot you have, the only thing you need to change is Sprite.Id_Slot = (every slot id)
So, if you have 4 slots, copy event 4 times and in first, change Slot_id to 1;2;3;4.
In this engine, there is an bug. If 2 items overlapp themselves and player press them, only 1 item gets into the slot.
This is how i solved it:
- Item is overlapping Item
Item|Move at angle > Pixels 2 > Angle random(0,360)
It should debug itself quickly.
In top-down game, you need to create character sprite.
- RMB clicked on Slot
- Slot.Locked = 1
Slot|Set animation to "ID_0"
Character| Spawn an object "Item"
Item|Set ID to Slot.Item_ID
Item|Set animation to "ID_" &Slot.Item_ID
Slot|Set Slot.Item_ID to "0"
Slot|Set Slot.Locked to 0