fedca's Forum Posts

  • I think this is an issue with your testing, as on fall triggers one tick late (so it triggers with one tick of gravity already applied afaik)

  • There is the built in posterize effect, but I have already experimented with one that allows you to also set the colors palette, might finish it one day

  • New effect:

    Procedural animated God Rays, effect has very little performance cost. Based on a shader for Godot (godotshaders.com).

    https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/1121/goddess-rays

  • You can still do stuff like this, but you'd need to spawn objects and transform their positions yourself

  • yea in other engines you usually have a setting to make the particles position transformed with the particle spawners position. In c3 that setting is sadly missing.

  • This is the last place I expected to see robotpencil, what a legend! I still have some of your gumroad tutorials on my pc! xD

    Good luck with your game!

  • You can play timelines animations anywhere with the timeline manager object.

    Sadly afaik there is no way to mirror the timeline animations, this has also been the main reason I didn't end up using them for most boss animations in my platformer

  • I started porting some of the effects made by user "Somebody" for Construct 2.

    now supporting C3, webGL and webGPU.

    DOTS:

    only render every nth pixel

    https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/1117/dots

    FLAG:

    Flag or flame like distortion

    https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/1119/flag

    TRIM:

    Trim the image by a certain percentage:

    https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/1120/trim

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • array.IndexOf(0), this works as empty array cells return null

    edit: sorry I just read you are looking for a specific collumn, my bad

  • My newest effect is a color vignette, similar to the build in vignette but it allows you to set the color plus some additional parameters to tweak.

    https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/1114/color-vignette

  • I'm in, let me know when you organize something

  • yea that vampire survivor-esque push out solid thing you made is nice!

    I guess the build in collision cells must update when an instance moves I assume (well not the whole thing but the specific instance) instead of just every frame. Plus they also handle objects with different sizes.

    I'll check the spacial hash out you linked, definitely seems like a custom solution is the best for extreme cases.

    Still would be awesome to have access to the build in system and I assume (naively) it shouldn't be much more work for Scirra then to expose the interface.

  • All I am asking for is a scripting interface to query the collision cells, it could be something like:

    runtime.collisionCells.getInstancesInRect(x1,y1,x2,y2)

    I don't understand what you are arguing about when you yourself don't seem to know what collision cells even are:

    from a programming perspective, I'm not sure how that is possible, ha. You can't get something from nothing - not sure what other way you could start from other than an array of objects and at minimum filtering the array

  • bro why are you trying to convince me that I don't know what I am talking about, what is the purpose of this discussion?

  • Yes, you even quoted where I described the case, any system that needs to check collision against many instances will run very badly without collision cells as they have to loop over each instance which can quickly go up to thousand and thousands of checks per tick, for example 128*128 = 16.384.

    I wrote this after I tried rewriting a system in js with the intention to increase performance, but instead I actually made performance way worse as I couldn't use collision cells. Sure I guess I could create my own system, but it feels redundant if there is already one in the engine that also already has its own overhead of being created and updated.

    I'm not sure you are aware, but behaviors and is overlapping on collision events make use of collision cells (unless you pick beforehand). It's just that js doesn't allow accessing the build in collision cells.