alastair's Forum Posts

  • Okay so I updated to this version and I get around 49~ FPS, whereas with the very first unbundled nodewebkit from r187 I get 58~ FPS.

    So the older version gave me 10 more FPS than the new! So this new version is looking worse for my Intel i3 computer as it now causes a frame rate drop and stuttering, I guess I'll have to try it on a range of low-end computers though to see if its universally worse for my game.

  • I get about 32-36 FPS on my work computer. In standard browser view at whatever settings it was at default.

    In fullscreen at 640x360, I get 42-55 FPS.

    In fullscreen with resolution auto, I get around 20 FPS.

    Chrome 40.0.2214.115 m

    OS: Windows 8

    Res: 1920x1080

    CPU: Intel i3 4010u, 1.7ghz

    GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400

    RAM: 4gb

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • https://www.scirra.com/nwjs

    [quote:2x13znfx]v0.12.0 (Chromium 41), 106 MB, 5th March 2015, Download

    All good?

    Could possibly have issues with Greenworks?

  • HerrVonClaussen I'm not sure what you mean about parallax preventing your character from shooting, is that related to the bug in this topic?

  • +1, would be simple and useful (for the user).

  • https://www.scirra.com/nwjs

    v0.12.0 alpha 3 (Chromium 41) 13th February 2015

    If anyone tests this version, I'd be curious to know what its like.

  • Magistross Thanks! I don't understand what the "RegexMatchCount" expression does though, and why you're putting ""[^\s]+|[\s]+", "g"" at the end.

  • Sorry I probably still don't understand your issue. I tried doing something like a scene from that image in a .capx, it looks fine for me, does this look weird to you?

    https://copy.com/O2my1v7yUKqOK6yK/tiles.capx?download=1

  • What is it suppose to look like?

  • Thanks Tokinsom, I like the way you worded the issue.

    Yeah you're right, you could view these topics as either bugs or feature requests (or both at the same time!). Personally, I view it as a bug because the software isn't behaving as it should be.

  • That defeats the point of using the "parallax in editor" setting. The point being is that it is suppose to allow you to work on a layout with parallax layers more accurately and efficiently. With the setting turned off, everything is guess work. You can't know where an object is going to be, in game, so you have to constantly test the game to see if things are lining up, or turn on/off the setting all the time for each layer.

    Ultimately this results in a lot of tedious nonsense, and makes working on a game with parallax backgrounds a nightmare.

  • I started working on a game that uses a large layout, but am stalled by a parallax issue. So it could be worth waiting for it to be fixed if parallax is feature you're going to be using a lot.

  • Ya, you need to remove it from the babies, because the family needs to give it to them. The babies are blocking you from adding it to the family, because they have the same name.

  • Give the family a variable, call it "type". Give instances different values such as "bomb" "prize".

    Event: On Touch

    subevent: Variable type = bomb

    subevent: Variable type = prize

  • Problem

    When trying to create elaborate levels in the C2 editor, you need to use "Parallax in editor" so that when you place sprites it will be an accurate representation of what you see when you play the game. If the layout has been scrolled at all, when placing an instance of a sprite on to a layer with parrallax, the sprite will disappear offscreen. The sprite is not placed where the mouse is, it is not taking into account the parallax. This problem is making it extremely difficult to make any game with parallax layers.

    Example Capx

    https://copy.com/X8BvMr9fKCPllIWt?download=1

    Description of Capx

    A layout that is wide with the "Parallax in editor" property set to "Yes". There is a single circular sprite available.

    Steps to Reproduce Bug

    • Scroll the horizontal bar at the bottom of the C2 layout roughly 50% of the way
    • Try placing the Sprite into the center of your screen
    • Notice that the Sprite is not visible, it was not placed where your mouse was
    • Keep scrolling the horizontal bar to the right in search of the sprite
    • Once you've found the sprite, try dragging it to the center of the layout to where you originally tried placing it

    Observed Result

    The sprite that was placed on the layout, went off screen in the distance

    Expected Result

    I expected the sprite to take into account the parallax of the layer, and position the sprite exactly where my mouse was.

    Or as Tokinsom puts it:

    The object is appearing at your mouse + the parallax offset. Subtract parallax offset when placing instances with parallax preview enabled.

    Construct 2 Version ID

    r196