Website slow?

0 favourites
  • I just hope the Gullen bro's have amassed enough flying monkey's to hold the servers at bay once they achieve locomotion, and unleash their retribution.

I just imagined a drunk person looking up at the sky screaming 'It's... it's SANTA'S SLEIGH!' at six flying monkeys pulling a server room.

• not skynet ....GOOGLE

yes site is very slow ...

• It seems to have picked back up now. Hopefully it lasts, .

• I've been unable to get on to this site since yesterday. No errors, just sat there forever trying to connect.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The server(s) sick, and the log files need to be purged. Slowest loading site ever.

Agree with others, it feels like server is being ddos'd, so guess resources are stretched to a max, and server(s) under strain.

Lots of database connection errors as well.

Comes and goes, I guess with number of site hits. Peak traffic brings site to a crawl. Non-peak it is usable, not ideal, but usable.

• Looks normal today.

• Hi guys,

We are taking steps to improve everything. The new store is slow, and I'm working on implementing better caching to speed it up which is going well (already shaved a lot of time off page loads).

We're also putting a new dedicated database server online today, it's top end and should speed things up nicely.

Thirdly, we're currently being threatened with spam attacks, have suffered bad spates of spam attacks in the past. These drive hundreds of thousands of page views to our site which does slow it down a lot. We're doing what we can to mitigate this (and having some success).

We know it's super important to have it running fast, I'm dedicating all my time to the issue at the moment.

Tom

• Thank you!

• Thanks for the update Tom, thought maybe the server was on the way out or something, .

• much faster today, thanks tom.

• Implemented a lot of caching which is speeding pages up noticably. We've also got a dedicated server just for the database which we hope to put online in the next few days which will also help a lot.

• Tom Are you having more issues? In case it helps you (and others to access the forums), the ONLY way I've gotten into these forums is through browser history in the Back functionality. For example, let's say I want to enter Beginner Questions, I access that URL and it fails, then I try to access the main forums and it fails, but I can use the Back functionality in the browser, and suddenly, the initial failed path works fine. Presumably because it was cached?

EDIT: Posts are working now, guess you're getting things under control, .

• I noticed most of the site was down for a long time when r179 was released, I remember because I could not download it for a few hours and the site was very slow... The same problem, -but much worse- appeared yesterday when r180 was availlable for download. The site was unreachable most of the day, sometimes one or two pages where loaded but just for a few minutes. Downloading r180 took me about 20 minutes after trying for hours...

I can see a pattern here...

• I noticed most of the site was down for a long time when r179 was released, I remember because I could not download it for a few hours and the site was very slow... The same problem, -but much worse- appeared yesterday when r180 was availlable for download. The site was unreachable most of the day, sometimes one or two pages where loaded but just for a few minutes. Downloading r180 took me about 20 minutes after trying for hours...

I can see a pattern here...

I know it is not a solution, but still it could save you some time, but didi you tried the torrent alternative download?

• [quote:ivcmf7he]I know it is not a solution, but still it could save you some time, but didi you tried the torrent alternative download?

Yes, same problem with the torrent link, the manual was unreachable, the store was down...

Scirra is loosing potential costumors and income if this problem remains...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)