My Tutorial wont post!

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • I have written a new tutorial, but when I try to submit it, I keep getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.]

System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind) +6241656

System.Uri..ctor(String uriString) +20

v2.CommonFunctions.IsURLInternal(String testURL) +27

v2.ArticleFunctions.FormatMarkup(String markup) +5267

v2.ArticleFunctions.CreateArticle(Int32 sectionID, Int32 authorID, Int32 difficultyID, Int32 languageID, String markup, String title, Int32 categoryID) +647

TutorialSubmit.SubmitTutorial(Object sender, EventArgs e) +6547

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +113

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +176

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

• Any help with this at all?

• I'm no pro, but did you leave any tags open, or used any strange symbols? An symbol in the title maybe? (slash or quotation marks)

• I tool out a symbol that wasnt recognised (the � sign) but i still got the same result...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tom should have a look at this.

• Does tutorial posting work for anyone else?

• There have been new tutorials posted since your first post so I guess it does work.

Tom is pretty busy from what I understand, sorry it's taking some time.

• Kyatric Nope, still wont post for me. Tried it in several places aswell, just tried again, still the Server URI Format error...

• The issue I found out that causing the bug is if you've a line like this

BugLine

[image description][6][6][https://www.scirra.com/images/articles/export_8.png][image description][7][image description][8][/code:1043as48]It won't post you'll get the Error message

[b]Change it to [/b]
    [code:1043as48][image description][6]
    [6][https://www.scirra.com/images/articles/export_8.png]
    [image description][7]
    [image description][8][/code:1043as48]

Make sure the Image description lines are separate an not sidebyside.
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)