Store account seems a little sour to me. How do I recover?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Help the cute broccoli to get past all obstacles in his way!
  • I hit the promote button, and it just loops me back to the front page of the store. I never got on the recently uploaded list like everyone else who payed the $25. Chrome, fire fox, and explorer bring me to the same sad place.

I hit the button a few times yesterday, and I never got on the list, just a loop back to the store page. I checked 5 minutes after the email was sent too and apparently I never got the same visibility as everyone else who payed $25.

I feel like I am being black-balled. I regret giving Scirra the money now. As soon as I am off the new items page, my store page will be buried forever. My time, my effort, and all of my content will be gone , and I can never sell it anywhere else to get my time and money back.

What can I do to recover my property so I can sell it elsewhere?

• "What can I do to recover my property so I can sell it elsewhere?"

What?

Anyway there's always self promotion.

Sell yourself, its still legal.

• "What can I do to recover my property so I can sell it elsewhere?"

What?

Anyway there's always self promotion.

Sell yourself, its still legal.

I already do that for my own store. I payed Scirra $25 so i could get some visibility on their store too. I am tired of doing SEO work, I just want to make my artwork and sell it.

I have a feeling I am always going to be on the last page of every sale. I was hoping for a few visitors on my opening day. I gave Scirra a critical review about the Steam version not loading the CAPX files from Explorer. I have a feeling this is the payback.

The other vendors got some coverage. I wonder if they payed more than me? Why was Voxel cars showing up yesterday and never me?

• Wasn't aware of the service, but I'm pretty sure they aren't petty about such things.

To be honest I don't really think of the Scirra store as the goto place for graphics. Some of its nice, some of it, not so much.

Perhaps it's time to start pushing for more aggressive marketing on their part, I would bet they are open to positive suggestions.

Otherwise I know that templates do sell, as I've done ok with very little input into it.

Basically a working example if you think about it.

• Thanks, I have a few templates for on screen controls and some bots + AI i was planning on uploading today. I think I am going to make a Unity version with the graphics now though. When I upload my things to the Unity store, I can instantly see it on their store page in the appropriate place. i spent way too long to have them on the last page of the Scirra store with 0 visibility.

I have some Spriter characters I wanted to sell as well, but i definitely think I will get more visibility in the Unity store and the Spriter store.

I have not been able to upload anything from my IP address to my store account either. Yet, if I use Dropbox or my FTP server I have no problem at all. This is the only place I have ever had such a problem. I have things on Unity store, Turbo squid, and on my on site, and I have never had any problems uploading my content. This leads me to believe that there is something fishy going on behind the curtain.

That along with me not getting any coverage on the store front page is really getting me depressed.

• Moved to Website Issues, maybe Tom can comment, but I can assure you our policy is to treat all sellers equally on the Store.

• Hi,

The promote button simply lists some copy+paste code for you to put on your website linking to your item, it doesn't affect your listing on our store pages in any way.

Regarding the newest list, when we approve an item this goes to the top of the list. Sometimes we approve >10 items in one go, which means some might not appear on this list. I'll be more concious of this in the future and not approve that many in one go any more.

Are you able to access the promote button OK? If anything is broken or not clear, feel free to email me personally on tom at scirra.

Tom

• jojoe,

Your dice design is beautiful - but the price is pretty steep which would explain why no sales. And the $800 dollar for exclusive - Wow!

Also, you have advertised that you are putting it on sale on fri (so if anyone is going to buy it, then they are now going to wait).

I understand your price points, but you don't sell a porsche in a scrap metal store (Tom, not saying the store is scrap metal Just driving home a point)

To get coverage, you need to be popular items, or bestseller (which you currently aren't). And raving reviews helps too.

I have purchased loads of stuff, my way of supporting the community I guess cause (I have only used to date, one purchase - lol)

but a demo goes a long long way. (you mentioned rolling the dice?) Buyer might like to see that in action.

etc

All marketplaces are hard to break into, the early contributors didn't have much competition, and you are now entering a level playing field

• jojoe,

Your dice design is beautiful - but the price is pretty steep which would explain why no sales. And the $800 dollar for exclusive - Wow!

Also, you have advertised that you are putting it on sale on fri (so if anyone is going to buy it, then they are now going to wait).

I understand your price points, but you don't sell a porsche in a scrap metal store (Tom, not saying the store is scrap metal Just driving home a point)

To get coverage, you need to be popular items, or bestseller (which you currently aren't). And raving reviews helps too.

I have purchased loads of stuff, my way of supporting the community I guess cause (I have only used to date, one purchase - lol)

but a demo goes a long long way. (you mentioned rolling the dice?) Buyer might like to see that in action.

etc

All marketplaces are hard to break into, the early contributors didn't have much competition, and you are now entering a level playing field

Thanks! I have been a CG artist since around 2004. I have worked for Jagex, Nexuiz team, Modelo, and MindPress, along with some I can not mention(NDA).

When I am on the clock, I make $40-62 an hour. $700 for a weeks worth of my work is a steal.

My complaint is not the lack of sales, they will come with the visibility.

My complaint is that My IP is blocked from uploading, and that I did not get put on the newly updated list like the other vendor's who payed the $25. The listing before me and all of the listings after me where shown. Just not my listing.

As far as the price goes, I am banking on the sale days. No one in their right mind buys anything new. I made the base price 25% higher than the price I actually want so I dont loose my shirt on the sale days. I found that trick on the Unity store. I had some dirt cheap character models for only 10$. No one ever bought hem unless it was on sale for $2. Later i re-added the listing this time for $50, and got just as many sales as when it was the $10 price.

i also know that the Unity store, Turbo squid, and the Scirra store have none of these dice. Do a google search and you will never find a complete set. Supply and demand.... Supply and demand.

Tom

OK that sort of explains a few things, but not why my IP cant upload files. If you guys upload 10 items a day, why not put that newly added gallery on a random shuffle so everyone gets a chance that day, not just the last 3 people?

EDIT

Tom and Ashley, I forgot to say thank you for you guys looking into my issue. It is cool that you guys work at bettering things as much as you do. Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks! I have been a CG artist since around 2004. I have worked for Jagex, Nexuiz team, Modelo, and MindPress, along with some I can not mention(NDA).

When I am on the clock, I make $40-62 an hour. $700 for a weeks worth of my work is a steal.

My complaint is not the lack of sales, they will come with the visibility.

My complaint is that My IP is blocked from uploading, and that I did not get put on the newly updated list like the other victims who payed the $25. The listing before me and all of the listings after me where shown. Just not my listing.

As far as the price goes, I am banking on the sale days. No one in their right mind buys anything new. I made the base price 25% higher than the price I actually want so I dont loose my shirt on the sale days. I found that trick on the Unity store. I had some dirt cheap character models for only 10$. No one ever bought hem unless it was on sale for $2. Later i re-added the listing this time for $50, and got just as many sales as when it was the $10 price.

i also know that the Unity store, Turbo squid, and the Scirra store have none of these dice. Do a google search and you will never find a complete set. Supply and demand.... Supply and demand.

As I said, I understand your price point. And agree that $700 is a steal. However, you are dealing with folks who complain about paying for a C2 license, and the majority of the artwork used is a rip off of something or other (I'm talking the majority, not the minority).

Lots of students, wanna be indie game developers, trying to shortcut there learning curve, wanting to follow in the footsteps of flappy bird and make $50,000 a day - lol.

Your art is beautiful. I hope you will be able to bump your hourly up to at least $150 (I think this to be a fair hourly for your level of art design), but in today's market, it is tough - I understand.

You need to distance yourself from the competition. I actually had various chats with another member here about it, who also is a whizz with graphics, and has gone on to do some pretty cool things, and has got a fair amount of attention. Valerien

Marketing oneself is hard, marketing your creative babies (that is harder still) letting them loose into the world.

I understand now your reasoning about IP being blocked. I hope that gets resolved for you. All the best

• jojoe it's a good idea to randomly shuffle, when I review the store in the future I'll think about your suggestion. For now however, a good 'fix' is for me to just not over approve on a specific day.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)