[Solved] Scirra Arcade Clearing Webstorage Is Not Working

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • For some odd reason I'm not able to delete Webstorage (Using the old sync. plugin) with the "Clear Storage" action.

My guess is that the website is blocking the process so that it doesn't work correctly.

Please note that I'm able to use the plugin as a data storage, I'm just not able to clear stored data.

Tom or Ashley whoever is working on the Arcade currently, please investigate this bug as soon as possible.

Edit: I do not create a bug report because it is working fine on other platforms, so this is a platform specific bug.

• It's blocked by design on the Arcade, since the action would clear all storage used by the other games too.

• you have to reset all key of web/localstorage manually

• It's blocked by design on the Arcade, since the action would clear all storage used by the other games too.

Alrighty then, thanks for the info.

I know that the Arcade is in the beta state and that you guys have more important things to work on currently but I

recommend to list important information like this in the "Game Manager Help Centre" which is currently only a collection of headlines.

you have to reset all key of web/localstorage manually

Yeah I'll do a loop and delete keys manually then, I guess that works.

• Ashley I cannot open external links from my game either, is that also blocked or a bug?

• I checked the engine code and we block navigating away and opening popups as well. IIRC we were concerned about people submitting games that redirect to malicious sites or spawn popup ads. That would still be a concern if we were to enable this again.

• I checked the engine code and we block navigating away and opening popups as well. IIRC we were concerned about people submitting games that redirect to malicious sites or spawn popup ads. That would still be a concern if we were to enable this again.

I totally understand that but wouldn't it be better to add a whitelist of some sort for the most common websites like eg. scirra.com and socials?

In my case, I wanted to link people to our twitter and to a scirra tutorial page so nothing that could be unsafe I guess.

• There would be a lot of tiresome admin work whitelisting people's suggested URLs, plus there would be grey-areas that are difficult to define e.g. a facebook page that looks like a possible scam, etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There would be a lot of tiresome admin work whitelisting people's suggested URLs, plus there would be grey-areas that are difficult to define e.g. a facebook page that looks like a possible scam, etc.

Alright, what about a simple warning message then?

(Something like this: "Warning! You are about to get redirected/open a new tab to abcdefg.com, please confirm this action by clicking on 'confirm'.")

It doesn't have to be good looking, the native browser dialogbox is good enaugh.

• Yeah, I guess that would do it. We're just so pushed for time right now I don't think we could prioritise anything that isn't essential, though.

• Yeah, I guess that would do it. We're just so pushed for time right now I don't think we could prioritise anything that isn't essential, though.

Surething, do it whenever you find the time for it.

Don't stress yourself out about such a minor thing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)