Red loading bar?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • I have a game in 000webhost. Recently, I tried to update it by replacing all the files. But when I try to play it now, the Construct2 loading bar, which is usually green and fills quickly, is now red and remains forever in an almost-completed position, never actually loading the game...

What happened?

• How are we to know?

At least provide the url so we can check.

Also, check browser console for errors.

• Here you go: four-elements.000webhostapp.com

• Reupload on bitballoon to test if at least there it loads. It's free.

000webhost already had password leaks and such, couple years ago. I strongly recommend AGAINST using it.

• Also, check browser console for errors.

According to the console, the website can't find a file that I purposely deleted from the newer version of the game. I had tried to update the website just by replacing all of its files and nothing else, but evidently 000webhost expected me to do something more...

• Reupload on bitballoon

Bitballoon is not sending me the verification email it says it sent, preventing me from registering.

• Strange, worked for me.

• I have a game in 000webhost. Recently, I tried to update it by replacing all the files. But when I try to play it now, the Construct2 loading bar, which is usually green and fills quickly, is now red and remains forever in an almost-completed position, never actually loading the game...

What happened?

if you see a red loading bar, disable your adblock, or check for what causes Construct to fully load the javascript trigger 'loaded' by pressing f12 or go to developer console in your browser, enable javascript on browser also.

• if you see a red loading bar, disable your adblock, or check for what causes Construct to fully load the javascript trigger 'loaded' by pressing f12 or go to developer console in your browser, enable javascript on browser also.

I pressed F12 and found out the game is trying to load a graphic/object I purposely deleted from the updated version, which shouldn't even try to load because I replaced EVERY other file on the 000webhost site I uploaded, including the index.html, so the site's source code should in theory have changed too...

To be more precise, the console says this:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

c2runtime.js:125 Error loading image 'https://four-elements.000webhostapp.com/images/creditsbutton-sheet0.png':

The "credits button" is an object I deleted from the game because it was simpler to just display the names of two people right there in the title screen.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > if you see a red loading bar, disable your adblock, or check for what causes Construct to fully load the javascript trigger 'loaded' by pressing f12 or go to developer console in your browser, enable javascript on browser also.

>

I pressed F12 and found out the game is trying to load a graphic/object I purposely deleted from the updated version, which shouldn't even try to load because I replaced EVERY other file on the 000webhost site I uploaded, including the index.html, so the site's source code should in theory have changed too...

To be more precise, the console says this:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

c2runtime.js:125 Error loading image 'https://four-elements.000webhostapp.com/images/creditsbutton-sheet0.png':

The "credits button" is an object I deleted from the game because it was simpler to just display the names of two people right there in the title screen.

re-upload the game in another folder, is probably your website cache! so just add rev01 02 etc at end of ur folder zip thingy

some free webhostings are having a cache thing enabled so the server load is not spiking to much and to avoid downtime, even if you have no cache in your cpanel there is a cache safety system that takes around 15 minutes to clear, which is in the Apache which you probably wont have access to. (you can clear it by using the .htaccess file but i dont recommend that since is probably against ur hosting providers rules.)

to solve that issue, when you upload a new version to your website name your folder always different example: game-rev-01 next version test do not overwrite same file ... just upload a new version and name it game-rev-02

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)