Problems with slow/incomplete page downloads

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • I'm still getting problems with slow downloading of certain pages on the site - and their eventual appearance in unstyled form.

For example, the latest release page (www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r105) - just now, it took 32 seconds to download and when it did appear, there was no styling and all images were missing. I think the fault may lie with the static3.scirra.net server, which frequently seems to have a very high latency.

• Has this issue cleared up, or is it still persisting?

• Tom

Thanks for following up. I'm afraid it's still persisting - in fact, it's a bit worse this morning (0745h NZDST - 1945h BST) > 90 sec).

Similar loading times for the homepage and the Manual - and all come up unstyled.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry for taking a while to reply!

Have you tried connecting on a different internet connection (for example at work/library etc). Is it still slow then?

• (no need for apologies!)

No - but I will be able to try later today. (I've got a pretty fast ADSL2 connection here, and I don't have a similar problem with other sites.)

I'll be back later.

• Tom

Well, I've just done some testing at a colleague's with a faster connection - and had no trouble with any Scirra page downloading and rendering fully.

So, your suggestion was a sound one - it's clearly down to something along the line with my own connection, and you can forget I ever raised the issue. Thanks for following up!

• No problem :) I imagine it's probably an issue that will clear itself up.

If you want to see where the bottleneck is, you could try doing a traceroute on command prompt. Enter command prompt on windows, and type:

tracert scirra.com

It should come up with a list of all the routers along the way to scirra.com and their response times.

I expect you will see at least one which is very slow!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)