We need better user profiles

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality user interface sound effects for Sci-Fi projects
  • Can we talk about forum profiles? They've been essentially useless since the inception of this forum. Base expected functionality would be to view a users posted threads and comments from their profile page. You can only see comments on the arcade and blog posts. This makes navigating an extreme hassle when trying to find posts by a specific user, which is necessary because links on old posts are all gone.

• Indeed.

Nevertheless, if you need to find the posts of a user you can find them using the forum search.

Or, if you find any post of the user, by clicking the links to their topics/posts under their avatar.

• Indeed.

Nevertheless, if you need to find the posts of a user you can find them using the forum search.

Or, if you find any post of the user, by clicking the links to their topics/posts under their avatar.

Thanks for the tips! It's weird those links aren't on profile pages. Would also be nice if the posts list had the topic name in the block. Sorting would be good too (newest / oldest / popularity).

Removing PMs kinda gimped things as well. Especially considering you can't post on threads over 1 year old, so you have no way ask about an something on an older thread. Hopefully authors are exempt to this rule? I've seen plugins go over a year without a post, even if they aren't deprecated.

Maybe I'll do a mockup of how I imagine profiles should look sometime.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Uhhh also, what does following someone actually do?

• Sorry for delay on this, they've all been re-vamped. Following someone does nothing for now, but will be adding in extra notifications for when someone you follow does something (EG upload new game, post tutorial, upload new asset in store etc)

• Sorry for delay on this, they've all been re-vamped. Following someone does nothing for now, but will be adding in extra notifications for when someone you follow does something (EG upload new game, post tutorial, upload new asset in store etc)

Great stuff, ty!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)