Multiple Website Issues

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • Tutorial Issues

1. Translated C3 Tutorials are not tagged as C3 Tutorials. As such, searching for translated C3 tutorials while having C3 filter applied shields 0 search results despite there being many translated C3 tutorials. https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/construct-3?flang=9 https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials?flang=9

Asset Store Issues/Feedback

1. Bundle prices can never be adjusted in either direction as long as someone added the bundle to the a basket. You must take them down from sale, and create a new bundle instead.
    2. Bundles can also NOT be deleted if someone added the bundle to his basket. So you're stuck with them forever because inactive users tend to keep items in their basket forever.
    3. Just like with an item being in the basket... The whole pricing system is locked down as soon as you've set a scheduled discount. So if you want to reduce the base price, the entire store system is designed to prevent that with all its might.
    4. Best Sellers seem to be based on Total sells. As such i've witnessed people "abusing" the system by selling their assets for 99% reduced prices for short periods (website wide sales) simply to climb the ladder. Possibly even self-purchases. Once up there it's impossible for new sellers to ever reach the best sellers. Would be appreciated if it could be filtered for monthly best selling assets instead, or at least let buyers filter manually for total sells (default monthly) so this "abuse" can be mainly prevented and give new assets a fair chance. Even if it wasn't actively abused, would still bring more competition and fairness to the asset store.
    5. I always feel like i'm back in school when i'm calculating the days for the next possible discount setup. Please let us set the start and end-time for discounts using a calendar system rather than letting us math-ing it out. Overall scheduling discounts feels very unintuitive and restricting since we can only plan 100 days ahead.
    6. License types in bundles aren't updated if you removed a license type from an item, even after re-visiting the bundle settings and the correct license it selected.
    7. Strange behavior with old bundles. Their prices / price reductions don't seem to update at all, despite displaying the new prices when going into the bundle settings. (If the base price of an item that was inside an old bundle has changed.)
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tutorial issues, the translations are not appearing because the translators didn't tag the tutorials correctly with either `construct2` or `construct3`. Can probably improve this.

Bundle prices can't be adjusted ever once for sale, or deleted. This is by design. Allowing changes in pricing or other changes to bundles is really complicated to maintain from shoppers POV. You have to remove from sale, and create a new one.

Highest rated is more complicated than just average, works on hotness algorithm. Other sort method is "Most sales" which works as intended. Hard to do any other sort methods due to the low volumes of sales most assets get.

Discount schedule is fine as is, I get it's not ideal but it's not worth my time to add in calendar pickers for these right now.

Will look into #6 and 7

• Please look at the links.

Some translations ARE tagged with "construct3". But they still won't appear. Or maybe i'm missunderstanding something?

Just seems like a big deal to me if you can't find hundreds of tutorials if you don't understand english.

I can live with your design, and i understand that some of it may require a lot of work. It's just honestly annoying to manage assets, bundles and discounts in your asset store. I wrote these down after it took me an hour for some very basic changes that i first had to figure out. Things that could be changed in a few minutes like adjusting a discount.

• Some are tagged "construct3" but not "construct-3" which is required. It definitely needs improving though.

• Oh ok.

Good to know. Because all official tutorials only feature the tag "construct3".

So i assumed we needed to use that one.

But yes you're right, construct-3 works as expected. Maybe add "construct3" to avoid confusion?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)