Jumpthru behavior BUG

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Jumpthru collision works incorrectly. It applies collision from the previous animation and dont't see the correct collision mask. On the video displayed the wrong behaviour of this plugin. Maybe somebody know how to fix it?

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Tagged:

• Looks to me like the jump isn't high enough even with the second jump and roll animation it doesn't reach the height of that platform so the player is stuck inside it.

• Looks to me like the jump isn't high enough even with the second jump and roll animation it doesn't reach the height of that platform so the player is stuck inside it.

not really. I've created the new video , please check -

• The collision of the jump thru platform wouldn't change so it must be the player animation. Check what animations are playing and look at the collision box around the player. The roll jump probably has no collision box so you sink into the platform.

• I applied idle collision mask for the jump animation and it fixed the issue but in general the collision mask for the jump animation is incorrect now. It is not critical but anyway it looks like a bug. Maybe construct support team will notice my message and decide to double check this logic and maybe improve it. (lionz) Thanks you for the for help. I appreciate it

• No problem. Also what did you mean that the jump collision is incorrect now?

• It's incorrect because it is looking like this now that is not really good for collision with enemies

• Right-click > set to bounding box. That's the more normal collision.

• No problem. Also what did you mean that the jump collision is incorrect now?

Also maybe you know how to fix this? I'm using solid + platform behavior for collision simulation, and when i'm touching the wall from left or right side, then my player wasn't be able to jump because of sticking the wall. I'm new in construct but other engines provides special collision shapes or frequency option to fix this issue, in construct i don't see anything that can help me to fix that.

• Ya np the sticking is likely the shape. Use the box as mentioned above that's more standard.

• Ya np the sticking is likely the shape. Use the box as mentioned above that's more standard.

yes, i also mentioned this but it doesn't help. it works ok when i touch the right side but doesn't work with left side touching. it's strange but fact. I will create video now and show you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Video

• The collision box must also be applied to each frame did you do that as you cycled through only first frames.

• Yes, i did it, i applied the collision mask for all frames and all animations

• Ok, fixed the issue. Created one additional rectangle sprite and attached all physics to this rectangle then attached the player sprite to this rectangle as a child. So now the player sprite i use for animation only, all physics is hanging now on the invisible rectangle object. Phew...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)