Improving the Search Mechanism

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Words Search Puzzle Template in Construct 2 and Construct 3
  • I'm using the search engine to solve issues, find answers, etc.

I always find my answer but I keep getting messages from the old CC.

Since I'm a C2 user I don't really care about the previous creation tool.

I know it sounds rude but it's far from what I'm trying to say. I don't wish to be rude but there must be a better solution of separating the two.

A check box "Search only for C2" would be great.

Again, sorry for the rude factor coming from this request.

• When using the forum search you can change "All forums" to select only the Construct 2 forums.

ince I'm a C2 user I don't really care about the previous creation tool.

Except many of Construct Classics examples provide a starting point to do stuff in C2.

• I guess I'm missing something. When I press the top right "Search box" I'm being transferred to "http://www.scirra.com/search"

There's no "All forums" option for me.

• Forum search is separate, try this link:

scirra.com/forum/search_form.asp

• I was confused by that for a while too.

• Forum search is separate, try this link:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/search_form.asp?FID=0

Cool! How do people (beside myself) get this search page?

Why don't you put a link beneath the search box which reads "Advanced Search"?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • HotGod

That URL is the same as the Search link alongside the Chat, FAQ etc links. It's the URL I've always used to search.

• Oh, I see. I'm sure there're many like me which find the top-right big search box confusing. Adding an "Advanced Search" link below this box is more logical.

Thanks!

• I think in fact that users used to the old forum are used to hit the search button there (click my signature for a screenshot/quick explanation of the forum search and other hopefuly usefull tips).

• I think in fact that users used to the old forum are used to hit the search button there (click my signature for a screenshot/quick explanation of the forum search and other hopefuly usefull tips).

So you're showing me the "tradition" card? :)

The biggest "search" button/link is on the top-right corner. I didn't know the old forum and I'm sure I'm not alone. A small "Advanced Search" link below the search box would be a great improvement.

The same goes with such link on the search page itself. This will help to prevent confusion with non-traditional people like myself.

• No I'm not showing any card, I'm realizing and bringing Tom's eyes on this issue hopefuly.

I mean, probably as numerous "old users" I spent most of my time on the forum, and having the "forum search" button at range in the navigation bar, it was like that in the old forum too.

So the transition to the new site occured somewhat naturaly.

But I understand fully how confusing it might be seeing the layout of the site.

• Yeah I understand as well. The problem is there's 2 distinct searches and it would be very hard to join them together. I'll have a think about it.

• o man, I totally didn't realize there was a second search button.   also, I mentioned this a while back, but thought I might eventually get used to it, but it's kinda annoying that it's a fake search bar at the top complete with changing cursor, because the impulse is to start typing. if it can't be an actual functional editbox up there, i don't think it should be disguised as one either. just my 2 cents

• Hi Tom and Kyatric,

I'm a brand new user and I came to the forums to make the same request as lucid. In page searching would be awesome, but replacing the current image with a new one that looks more like a button/link is good too.

I also like the idea of adding a second link going to the forum search because I thought the search covered the entire site including the forums. If you made two smaller buttons you could replace the current image with two new search buttons.

P.S. I'm loving C2! I'm learning a lot and your site and software are great resources.

• I like HotGod's suggestion of having an "advanced search" hyperlink text beneath the "search scirra.com" at the top right.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)