Game won't run on the arcade

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hello,

I just exported my game and uploaded it to the Scirra arcade.

However, when I hit "View on the arcade" and check the (unpublished) game, the embedded view remains black and nothing happens. The console throws some errors:

I suppose the game should run in the preview although it's not published yet?

Thank you,

~ Dominik

(by the way, the game runs fine with regular html5 export on my server and on itch.io)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello,

Could you please provide the link to your game ?

Are you sure you used the "Scirra Arcade" export ?

What are the errors from the console ?

• Hi Kyatric,

- link to the (unpublished) game: construct.net/en/free-online-games/john-alien-23249/play

- Yes, I'm definitely using the Scirra Arcade export (via Construct-2). I also tried the html5 export for debugging, and if I use that, it won't let me upload the game (it's missing an arcade file and rejects the upload). So, it's definitely the Scirra Arcade export.

- The console errors were added as a screenshot. Seems the forum doesn't show the image.

GET https://construct-arcade.com/23249/0/waker.js net::ERR_ABORTED 404 playgame.js:150

GET https://construct-arcade.com/23249/0/pathfind.js net::ERR_ABORTED 404 playgame.js:150

index.html?ott=32cbb...b60n-4e8079810x98:1 Event {isTrusted: true, type: "error", target: script, currentTarget: null, eventPhase: 0, ...} Promise.then (async) StartGame playgame.js:110 (anonymous) playgame.js:40

Thanks! :)

• I've just tried it, it worked for me in FireFox though.

• Works fine for me in Chrome to. Does it work in incognito mode for you, or in a different browser?

• Strange. It doesn't work for me in neither Chrome nor Firefox... 🤔

The screen always remains black.

• I have the same issue - the game window remains black, tried both Firefox and Chrome. There is an error in console, not sure if it's related:

Arcade link:

construct.net/en/free-online-games/random-level-generator-23488/play

• I can't reproduce this at all. If you clear your caches and try again does it work? If not, what OS are you using?

• Tom are you saying the game runs fine for you?

I tried on two different laptops with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Browsers are Chrome and Firefox, latest versions, tried cleaning cache.

• I have the same issue - the game window remains black, tried both Firefox and Chrome. There is an error in console, not sure if it's related:

Arcade link:

https://www.construct.net/en/free-online-games/random-level-generator-23488/play

Its working here..

Chromervm@W10

• Thanks for checking!

This is odd, it still doesn't work for me and there is the same error in all browsers..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)