Forum speed correct, could be better ?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Have you ever dreamed of playing in a Speedball game or tournament?
  • Hi there,

Just wondering if the forum (and perhaps the whole website) could be a little bit "nervous" (between 1s and 4s for a page to load).

I know it's a matter of monthly cost, so just asking (dedicated servers are now very affordable).

Anyway, it doesn't prevent me for working with C2 and finding ressources I want, the manual is great, and the atmosphere here is very nice ;)

• I find the performance of this website extremely bad. I can't believe its getting that much traffic to be an issue (even a cost issue).

I wonder if its the Scirra Arcade pulling it down?

• I find the performance of this website extremely bad.he shortest way to say what I was thinking ^^

Perhaps Tom could tell us more about the website infrastructure ?

• I even get timeouts if I cant write at the speed of light.Then refresh then page and all is lost.

• DocAi , take a copy (CtrlA + CtrlC) of the post.

IMHO.. I have never seen this forum software used on any other site. And I have used quite a lot forums during years. I have no idea why it was chosen, but I can easily see why other's don't use it.

• Concerning the forum itself, I think it's probably a custom one, to add reputation system linked to to whole website (at least just a bit customed).

Chrome is great at memorizing form fields when thne is errors, so perhaps try to use it.

I think the server is a bit overloaded, and the solution would be probably to upgrade it. If it's a matter of cost, why not ask the (happy :)) users to donate for it (for year costs).

In France we have great servers starting at 30 euros monthly (Online.net).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I even get timeouts if I cant write at the speed of light.Then refresh then page and all is lost.ust got an error "Authentication failed" or a JavaScript alert "Session expired", and had to repost (2 times). This problem has been reported I think.

• Im getting the idea a certain ajax call times out as soon as your internet connection is gving the scirra site's ajax call even the slightest delay.

I get this most frequently when dowloading a lot.

• Im getting the idea a certain ajax call times out as soon as your internet connection is gving the scirra site's ajax call even the slightest delay.

I get this most frequently when dowloading a lot.So it links to the same problem, Scirra's server availabilty (ajax call to prevent losing text probably patched by tom because users report the session lost, like above ?).

Let's await an answer from the webmaster :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)