How do I build up reputations

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your own beautiful snowman in this fun game!
  • Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum and i see alot of users has reputations.

I want to know how do i build up reps?

• It's pretty simple, answer peoples questions on the boards, post tutorials. I think buying the product will also give you rep. One word of advice, not sure why you're so focused on reputation. It's just a number. Just be a community member and contribute constructively (no pun intended).

• ty

• bsimser is right Just be a community member and contribute constructively. Helping those whom need help because not everyone are genius like Ashley

• Check this page http://www.scirra.com/badges It will show you most of the ways of getting rep. But there's not a lot of benefit to getting reputation, other than for bragging rights.

• There is this sticky topic that could provide you good tricks to use.

The main interest of getting reputation as a beginner is to hit the 500 points mark that then allows to post URLs and PMs, which allows for further communication/getting/providing help from/to the community.

• There is this sticky topic that could provide you good tricks to use.

The main interest of getting reputation as a beginner is to hit the 500 points mark that then allows to post URLs and PMs, which allows for further communication/getting/providing help from/to the community.

Nice. I didn't realize rep was a hurdle to get past posting URLs. Useful.

Of course if we could just post embedded images without having to upload them somewhere then life would be easier IMHO

• bsimser: When making an answer click "Full editor" and you can attach files to your post.

If I'm not mistaken, even new accounts can do this attachment.

Anyway, always prefer to post a capx rather than a screenshot, it's always nicer to be able to look into the project of people asking for help to provide the best answer according to their current project.

• bsimser: When making an answer click "Full editor" and you can attach files to your post.

If I'm not mistaken, even new accounts can do this attachment.

Anyway, always prefer to post a capx rather than a screenshot, it's always nicer to be able to look into the project of people asking for help to provide the best answer according to their current project.

Yes, but they're just plopped down at the end of the post so there's no real way to create a response with a "do this" <insert image> "then this" <insert image> etc. without uploading the images elsewhere.

A capx is great, unfortunately sometimes I'm not able to post one when answering a question, but it's a good option that most people should take advantage of (as we drift off-topic and hijack this thread).

• bsimser

Just wanted to throw this out there:

"do this"

<insert image>

[attachment=0:4xc0nyhr][/attachment:4xc0nyhr]

"then this"

<insert image>

[attachment=1:4xc0nyhr][/attachment:4xc0nyhr]

I know this is kind of a snide response but, I wanted to show you the images can be placed "inline" with your text. All you have to do is, after clicking the "Place inline" button, make sure the line that reads "[attachment=#]YOUR_IMAGE_NAME.EXTENTSION[/attachment]" is on the correct line of your post.

• bsimser

Just wanted to throw this out there:

I know this is kind of a snide response but, I wanted to show you the images can be placed "inline" with your text. All you have to do is, after clicking the "Place inline" button, make sure the line that reads "[attachment=#]YOUR_IMAGE_NAME.EXTENTSION[/attachment]" is on the correct line of your post.

Not snide at all, thanks. Learn something new everyday.

• Thanks Everyone!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • caplocks1111 One way to NOT do it is to spam useless answers to every post you find.

• Or duplicate some one Else's post

• caplocks1111: Check your PMs.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)