Broken store page

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • Store page has broken images, and wrong price.... Links to the actual package, but not on sale.

Thanks a lot guys. $25 to you and this is what you give me?

Ashley and rob you guys are rip offs and crooks plain and simple.

I am going to every game community I belong to and post about this.

• I had a quick look through the store and it appears that everything is working OK. Can you provide links to any specific pages that aren't working for you? I apologise if any technical issues with the site are affecting your store items and hopefully Tom can resolve it, but note we're currently out of the office over the weekend, so it would probably be Monday before this can be looked in to.

• I am done playing the stooge in your little joke. You guys have waste countless hours of my limited time, I refuse to give you another second.

That $25 you bilked from me just bought you guys a bunch of bad publicity. I hope it was worth it . If you would have been cool with me, I would have done a bunch of free SEO work to bring people to my page, and to your store in turn.

Instead I am going to have a nice long chat with my credit card company tomorrow , so you guys don't get the $25 reward for screwing with me.

They have a clause about customers not receiving things that they payed for. They also put people on black lists if they have to back-charge them from too many fraud claims.

If it is successful i am going to post it on every game community forum i belong to so when people google "Scirra refund" they will be able to see this method of recovering what was bilked from them.

Enjoy your little giggle. It is about to get hysterically funny.

• I am done playing the stooge in your little joke. You guys have waste countless hours of my limited time, I refuse to give you another second.

That $25 you bilked from me just bought you guys a bunch of bad publicity. I hope it was worth it . If you would have been cool with me, I would have done a bunch of free SEO work to bring people to my page, and to your store in turn.

Instead I am going to have a nice long chat with my credit card company tomorrow , so you guys don't get the $25 reward for screwing with me.

They have a clause about customers not receiving things that they payed for. They also put people on black lists if they have to back-charge them from too many fraud claims.

If it is successful i am going to post it on every game community forum i belong to so when people google "Scirra refund" they will be able to see this method of recovering what was bilked from them.

Enjoy your little giggle. It is about to get hysterically funny.

Is this post a joke?

Seriously, what an amazingly bad attitude you have.

Ashley states they will look into it as soon as they return to work and all you can think of doing is slamming them?

• I'm almost inclined to believe this was a joke post since the OP is an active forum visitor.

But I've been wrong before. :-/

• Sorry guys, I have hit road blocks every single step of the way.

1. Cant upload from my home IP address, but from my FTP and dropbox it works fine. I feel like i am being blocked.

2. Got bumped off the newly added thumbnail list on my first day. Nothing done to make it fair for me. Just a promise that future customers will not be treated like I was.

3. The sale I set up went down in flames for some unknown reason, splitting the page into 2 pieces with broken images.

4. The new price i set up has been reverted to the original price. and images fixed after Ashlie's post.

I could believe 1 or 2 of the above happening at random to me, but not every single step. I feel I have been sabotaged.

I payed just as much as every one else and i still have nothing to show for it. Every single feature i have tried to use has has some "odd" behavior that no one else is seeming to be experiencing.

• Sorry guys, I have hit road blocks every single step of the way.

1. Cant upload from my home IP address, but from my FTP and dropbox it works fine. I feel like i am being blocked.

2. Got bumped off the newly added thumbnail list on my first day. Nothing done to make it fair for me. Just a promise that future customers will not be treated like I was.

3. The sale I set up went down in flames for some unknown reason, splitting the page into 2 pieces with broken images.

4. The new price i set up has been reverted to the original price. and images fixed after Ashlie's post.

I could believe 1 or 2 of the above happening at random to me, but not every single step. I feel I have been sabotaged.

I payed just as much as every one else and i still have nothing to show for it. Every single feature i have tried to use has has some "odd" behavior that no one else is seeming to be experiencing.

1) This is unfortunate - it could be Tom blocking an IP range to handle spam and your IP falls in that range.

2) Newly added - this issue you will have no matter what, I think a random shuffle feature is fair - hope Tom makes a note of that.

3) Can't comment on that one, something Tom should look into

4) I did see your discount price, without the sale sign, then it reverted to original price.

I can understand your frustration, and when selling this way, frustration is inevitable. Nothing is smooth sailing. But that doesn't excuse things not working. Didn't help either that it was weekend, and nothing could be fixed/sorted.

Chat to Tom, and hope you guys come to an arrangement.

• All software has bugs, and that includes websites. I hope today Tom can resolve any issues that were affecting you. I assure you that setting out to deliberately sabotage our customers is hardly something we consider a useful business strategy, and I'd hope the other sellers on the store could attest to that. Instead we are keen to support all customers and sellers on our store to make sure it's as useful and profitable a place as possible for everybody. Technical issues are unfortunate and we will do our best to resolve them, but I guarantee you there is no malicious motivation behind it.

• I've explained the issue before regarding uploads, there's an unsolvable bug (for now) where if you upload and it takes too long, the server rejects it. This is why we have "upload via URL" which as far as I am aware is functioning absolutely fine. This is not a specific to your IP address.

The newest items list, I've explained I will take care to not approve items too fast so they all get a look on this list. I appreciate you want to be on that list as long as possible and if you get bumped fast it's not a great situation but we are taking steps to address this as I've explained.

#3 I don't understand the issue I'm afraid, and have not heard of this before.

#4 Again, not aware of any problems with pricing.

We generally only work Mon-Fri, so any problems that hit Friday evening/weekend will probably not be looked at until the following week. Always happy to take a look at these issues if screenshots/steps to reproduce are sent.

• I've taken a look in our support email and my personal email, and the only ones I can find from you regarding the store is one asking if we can support other cashout methods as you can't use Paypal.

Email is the best way to contact us for support, not the store. If you email us (and you're free to email me personally) when you run into problems we're always more than happy to look into them further.

• Also, contacting your card company is not necessary to issue a refund. We're happy to do this for you. I've refunded the $25 activation fee, and have shut down your seller account and your item is now delisted from our store.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but for anyone else reading this please note we are more than happy to deal with issues as and when they come up (we don't claim that everything we build is perfect!) but please do contact us by email as it's the best way to get in touch.

• I've explained the issue before regarding uploads, there's an unsolvable bug (for now) where if you upload and it takes too long, the server rejects it. This is why we have "upload via URL" which as far as I am aware is functioning absolutely fine. This is not a specific to your IP address.

I have the same problem but "upload via URL" do not work for me. ok, ?fter few tries to add music item i replaced WAV (in *.zip) with MP3 to reduce size.

But audio preview do not upload at all (even if i compress it to be less then 1 Mb). and there is no "upload via URL" in Upload Audio Previews

The message appears "Uploaded file must be WAV, OGG, M4A or MP3" but i tried each of them. nothing works.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • mxbezz please email me personally on with a link to the files and I'll take a look. FWIW Dropbox links work best (they upload fastest)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)