arcade architecture

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Royalty free music tracks for your indie games and projects.
  • Hi,

I'm using construct for a long time but haven"t published anything on the arcade. As a programmer I also wonder what is the architecture behind the arcade.

Do you store all the games on own servers or external solutions? How do you manage the data (MySQL or directly filesystem for the games), what prog. language, server backend and so on.

I think it would be interesting to a lot of people to know how do you handle all it, because I think the traffic and data amount must be quite large.

Thank You!

• No reply yet.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum, I'm new here, so not sure where to post.

Mods can move the thread into appropriate areas.

• There are only two people on the Scirra team, so my bet would be they just missed this thread. If you have specific questions, an email is less likely to be overlooked.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello!

Do you store all the games on own servers or external solutions?

We have 1 dedicated server in USA that serves all content on this website. We've had no issues with bandwidth and we utilise HTML5's appcache heavily for arcade games.

How do you manage the data (MySQL or directly filesystem for the games), what prog. language, server backend and so on.

The arcade is written in ASP.net (c#). All data (the actual games) are stored in the file system. The database we use is MS-SQL.

It's quite a simple setup. There's no reason it could not easily also be done in PHP with MySQL, I just went ASP.net c# Ms-SQL as it's what I'm most familiar with.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)