Admins please read (forum suggestion)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hello admins mods and users.

so many forums got a section for users to post their games source codes or projects for beginners or advanced people to educate.

I would like to share my projects capx file as soon as its stable enough.

i was missing such this section at my first contact with c2.

If you admin could start a category in the forum where users can post their projects with some screenshots etc.

I know theres a section at scirra arcade where you can share example games but .. to say it , this sucks . I really recommend you to use the forum for this , as its hard to find what you are searching for at this system there. you cant sort the results etc. we still can upload a DEMO of our src codes there but making a thread would be much better.

I hope some users can support my point :)

gratz

mike

• You mean this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You mean this?

to be a bit more direct :

i mean a section that is ONLY for posting source codes not for promoting YOUR GAMES.

I mean yeah this is almost what i mean but only 20 % or less of the topics there are to share a games code and 80% for promoting games

• plinkie beat me to it :)

As plinkie has pointed out, there is already a section called 'Your Creations ', and the mods already have more than enough to do without having to moderate even more forum sections.

• +1

The tutorials are great for general usage and stuff like how to use SVN, but are actually quite a deterrent since they require paragraph upon paragraph and dozens of screenshots and the like. The majority of them are just ridiculous - There's a 6-page tutorial on how to do a double jump...

Here you go:

+Player is Falling

+User presses key

-Simulate Jump

How about a triple jump? Add a variable. Use your brain.

It'd be far quicker and easier to just post a well-commented .capx that a user can experiment with or add to their own project off the bat. No filler.

That aside, yes, we really need more sub-forums. This is one of the smallest forums I've ever been to and there are all kinds of topics in the "wrong" place because there isn't a more suitable one.

• +1

The tutorials are great for general usage and stuff like how to use SVN, but are actually quite a deterrent since they require paragraph upon paragraph and dozens of screenshots and the like. The majority of them are just ridiculous - There's a 6-page tutorial on how to do a double jump...

Here you go:

+Player is Falling

+User presses key

-Simulate Jump

How about a triple jump? Add a variable. Use your brain.

It'd be far quicker and easier to just post a well-commented .capx that a user can experiment with or add to their own project off the bat. No filler.

That aside, yes, we really need more sub-forums. This is one of the smallest forums I've ever been to and there are all kinds of topics in the "wrong" place because there isn't a more suitable one.

thats what i mean thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)