Side-Scrolling Shooter template (Game Templates)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Side-Scrolling Shooter template — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/side-scrolling-shooter-template-3880

<p>(FULL VERSION OF CONSTRUCT2 REQUIRED)</p><p>From creator of Top-Down Shooter template, comes the side scrolling shooter template!</p><p>Fight against watch dogs and armed bad guys with up to eight weapons including: 9mm pistol, Shotgun, Assault riffle and more</p><p>The template is easy to extend and modify so you can create your own adventure.</p><p>It includes a manual on how to extend and modify the template and some demo levels to show how to play and a few tips on level design.</p><p>Enemies are clever and insistent... once they spot you, they'll chase you until you're dead.</p><h3>Features</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>Five easy to customize weapons:</p>

• 9mm pistol
    • Shotgun
    • Assault riffle
    • Sniper riffle and
    • Magnum
    • Ground mine
    • Hand grenade
    • Rocket launcher

<p>An enhanced version of the jj_weapon plugin*</p><p>Four kinds of enemies:</p>

• Watch dog (They're hungry!)
    • Regular bad guy (easy pray, just watch your back)
    • Professional bad guy (this dude is harder to kill, be careful) and
    • QuickSilver (is weak, but fast)

<p>Some pickable objects:</p>

• Health pack
    • Keys and
    • Ammunition
    • Pickable weapon

<p>A simple HUD with current health and ammo status.</p><p>Checkpoints and basic save/load menus.</p><p>Select weapons by scrolling or pressing numeric keys.</p><p>Walk with WASD or arrow keys.</p><p>Reload with R.</p><p>Dead bodies.</p><p>Smooth zoom.</p><p>Weapons showcase level!</p><p>Customizable death system.</p><p>*The included version of jj_weapon have these enhancements over the original one:</p>

• Support for multiple instances of the same weapon. In the original version it didn?t pick the right instance when shooting, so all bullets came from the same weapon.
    • It triggers the on created event after spawning bullets.
    • Added support to modify the stock size from event sheets.
    • It can save its state.

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Side-Scrolling Shooter template

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

If you played the demo (or bought the template), you may notice that pistol men never jump, that's due to a small bug in the template: The PistolMenRanks array doesn't have the correct dimensions.

If you own the template, you can fix it by going to Object Types -> DB -> PistolMenRaks and setting the Height property to 6.

This applies only to version 1.0, any future version will have this already fixed.

• Hello everyone, I know it's been a long time without updates in this template, but seeing the recent sells, I got motivated to continue with it (I have been bussy with another project). Here's a video with the upcoming features:

youtu.be/eic6p-OHu7I

Basically what's left is the documentation, which I almost have to write again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)