Retro Space Shooter Template — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!
<h3>Retro Space Shooter Template</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>This is a template for an infinity flying shooter game with all assets and files included.</p><p>This is virtually a complete game thats ready to play.</p><h3>Whats included</h3><div class="deshr"></div>
- CAPX file for the template
- PNG & PSD files for all graphic assets in game.
- Music & SFX files included.
<p>All files are arranged in to seperate folders for easy navigation.</p><h3>Game Description</h3><div class="deshr"></div>
- Navigate your spaceship without hitting anything.
<p>Simply fly up or down to dodge oncoming obstacles while avoiding walls above and below you that will damage your spaceship.</p><p>Flying too high or low will result in you hitting the wall. You also have the ability to shoot at obstacles, however only the blue obstacles can be destroyed.</p><p>Shooting occurs automatically when you tap the screen.</p><h3>Features</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>The graphics are in the style of classic 8-bit arcade games.</p>
- Touch Controls - Hold tap to fly up, release to go down. Spaceship shoots automatically when you tap screen.
- Enemies - Blue & Red obstacles. Blue ones can be destroyed, red ones cannot. The wall will prevent you from flying too high or low.
- Particles are used for effects. - Spacceship thrust and destroyed spaceship & obstacles used particle effects.
- Health Bar - 2 lives. When you get hit, the player will be invincible for a short time while flashing, like in platform games.
- Health Power-up appears every so often to increase health back to full.
- Highscores are saved and a sprite and sound appear when the highscore is beaten.
- SFX and Music settings are saved too. So you don't have to change them everytime you start game.
- Arrays are used for storing settings.
- Menu - Has pop-up button for credits & instructions. Slide-out menu for settings.
<p>No third-party plugins are used.</p><p>This has been optimised for mobile - Approx Download 2.2mb - Memory use 4mb</p><p>Can be used for desktop too.</p><p>I think thats all!</p>
Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Retro Space Shooter Template