Canvas Thumbnail (Plugins)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • Canvas Thumbnail — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/canvas-thumbnail-3766

<h3>What you buy here?</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Canvas Thumbnail plugin for C2.
    • An example capx

<h3>What is Canvas Thumbnail plugin?</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>With a single action you can take a screenshot of your game which will be resized to the dimentions you specify.</p><p>You can save it to local storage and use as a thumbnail of a saved game or any other feature that has thumbnails.</p><h3>C2 by default allows snapshots, why would I use this plugin?</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>That's true. You can make a snapshot with native C2 functions. Actually this plugin uses exactly the same functions to make a snapshot.</p><p>There are few differences though:</p>

• This plugin will automatically resize the image (snapshot) on the fly in the memory so the image size is much smaller which means it takes less memory and loads much faster from local storage.
    • There's one cosmetic feature - you can add a border around the snapshot (see example video).

<h3>Features</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Canvas snapshot
    • Resize snapshot (the image, not just sprite)
    • Ability to add frame around the thumbnail
    • Ability to set resizing based on ratio (% of original image) or by fixed dimensions

<h3>Performance</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>It has exactly the same performance as C2 native snapshot feature as it's based on the same functions, which means it may cause a small lag while taking a snapshot if the game layout is big.</p>

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Canvas Thumbnail

• Works perfectly! I'm super excited about this.

Quick question. I'm assuming the images are in PNG format?

• Works perfectly! I'm super excited about this.

Quick question. I'm assuming the images are in PNG format?

Hi, glad you found it useful!

Actually, it's a full quality JPG. It takes less memory so I found it more suitable here.

• Ok cool. Thanks again!

• Actually I lied... :X I may have a Cordova plugin that will require me to use PNG. What's the possibility of getting an option of being able to configure the filetype as JPEG or PNG?

I'll keep you posted if I find out otherwise.

Thanks!

• Actually I lied... :X I may have a Cordova plugin that will require me to use PNG. What's the possibility of getting an option of being able to configure the filetype as JPEG or PNG?

I'll keep you posted if I find out otherwise.

Thanks!

I just checked it and it looks like I lied as well. Right now it saves as a PNG. You can see it in the header of the base64 string if you console.log the thumbnail. Sorry for the confusion!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, I'm developing an app on c2, I think your plugin can help me, would you please help me in my supposed case?

I need to make a screenshot and download it (this c2 allows it perfectly without using plugins) the problem comes when the download of that screen capture comes with a predefined pixel size, I will have about 5 buttons in the app, and each button allows you to download the screenshot with different resolutions; example:

Button 1 -> 1080 x 1920

Button 2 -> 1242 x 2208

That is to say that the capture can download it to the device to the size that I want

Is this possible?

---------------------------------

Hola, estoy desarrollando una app en c2, creo que su plugin puede ayudarme, ¿por favor me serviría en mi supuesto caso?

Necesito hacer una captura de pantalla y descargarla (esto el c2 lo permite perfectamente sin usar plugins) el problema viene cuando la descarga de esa captura de pantalla viene con un tamaño en píxeles ya predefinido, yo voy a tener en la app unos 5 botones, y cada botón permite descargar la captura de pantalla con resoluciones distintas; ejemplo:

Botón 1 —> 1080 x 1920

Botón 2 —> 1242 x 2208

Es decir que la captura pueda descargarla al dispositivo al tamaño que yo quiera

¿es posible esto?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)