Advanced Key Binding — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!
<h3>PLAYABLE DEMO AVAILABLE BELOW!</h3><div class="deshr"></div><h3>ADVANCED KEY-BINDING</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>Modern keyboards are arranged in a variety of different ways, and it is very important to ensure your game can be played by as wide an audience as possible. Common bindings like WSAD may be comfortable on many Western keyboard, but many European and South American countries don't have this configuration. These are vibrant emerging markets for developers to exploit, and so it is wise to include a control layout that can be dynamically and easily set by both the user and developer.</p><h3>WHAT'S IN THIS CAPX?</h3><div class="deshr"></div>
- Dynamic control functions that output in human-readable terms, making it very easy for the developer to move forward with designing their game.
- In-built error protection to prevent mis-setting of keys.
- Defaults which can be loaded by the developer or user (experimental - use with caution).
- Fully commented events, example included in CAPX, and complete 'HELP' documentation to enable you to set up the CAPX with ease.
<h3>WHO IS THIS CAPX FOR?</h3><div class="deshr"></div>
- All users should be able to use the CapX to establish their own customisable control scheme.
- Most users will be able to to customise the included events to make more complex controls.
- Some users will be able to add even more advanced functionality to their control systems using the existing systems.
<h3>Looking for my other assets?</h3><div class="deshr"></div>
Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Advanced Key Binding