Xbox One controller with pc - any thoughts?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • Yo,

Looking in to buying a new controller soon. I'm thinking of 360 pad, but any thought guys on XO controller? Is it better then 360's and does it work with pc?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I saw some news not long ago about the Xbone controllers getting PC support. But I dunno if there's much difference between the old and new controller, they have the same buttons I think.

Just be wary with what you buy. I have a wired 360 controller that I plug into the USB and it works great with steam games and my on Construct creations. But I originally assumed you could plug in the charge cable from a 360 wireless controller battery pack and it would work, it doesn't. apparently the charge cables only transmit power, the controller still communicates wirelessly. Meaning you need a wireless adapter for your pc, I know Microsoft make/made one for the 360 (although I was told it is banned here in Europe, something about it being a fire hazard)

I'm sure I made that as clear as mud. But I guess functionally a wired 360 controller is as good as anything else and simpler

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)