Switch over to Godot?

Ive been debating this I been working with construct 2 for a while and Construct has helped a lot for me if I do switch I will finish up my current project on construct 2 then start working with godot. Let me know what you think and if it's a good choice. And no hate on construct if u think that.

I have tried Godot, But I didnt find it anywhere close to C2

It has visual coding, but you should know C++ to do major tasks, Im a designer, not a coder (so it didn't work for me). The engine UI doesn't look solid aswell, Also limited help resources..

The closest to C2 that I found is "GDevelop" its literally like a C2 Sibling.

If you want you can try that out, its Free opensource.

I have tried Godot, But I didnt find it anywhere close to C2

It has visual coding, but you should know C++ to do major tasks, Im a designer, not a coder (so it didn't work for me). The engine UI doesn't look solid aswell, Also limited help resources..

The closest to C2 that I found is "GDevelop" its literally like a C2 Sibling.

If you want you can try that out, its Free opensource.

Ok thanks for letting me know

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

You would only need C++ if you made anything very demanding. For most games GDScipt is enough and it is easy python like language that is very integrated to the engine. You also have mono c# option. You could just test it if it is your thing the download is massive ~20 MB. To my knowledge, Discord is best place to get help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)