Stock market

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Hispanic Themed Markets and Bodegas for your urban city
  • Gosh darn it I hate it so much. I buy it drops. I sell it rises. I buy it drops. My old one rises. DAD GUM IT!

• the next time you wanna sell. just wait a day lol.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Stock is like gambling

You basically waste your money

• After a while, you'll get better at predicting swings of the market. If you suck at Poker, though, perhaps you should consider making money through retail instead.

• Maybe train in stock market simulation game first? U wont loose money but you will gain experience in it

• I'm a qualified SPI trader for the Sydney Stock Exchange in futures trading... It's really easy to make money if you know what you are doing, but even easier to lose it if you think you know what you are doing. I average around $300 a day from futures trading. Some days you get a little lucky and end up in the $1000's but I've had my days where I have lost up to $10k.

Currently, since I started trading a year ago... I am about $50k up.

If you want any tips, ask away.

~Sol

• Lol Gullanian, I think you've found your guy

• Lol Gullanian, I think you've found your guy

What? Where?

*runs*

No, seriously... I'm not perfect, I've had my days... but I can at least give some tips as to what you need to be looking out for. Having said that, each market is different and trends in different ways, but for the most part the applied methods are still the same. The course I did was for 5 days, 8 hours a day, and cost me $6500... I made my course money back on the last two days of the course as we were doing live trades in the seminar with our instructor (who also happens to be a good friend of mine). Most of the other people made thier money back as well, so essentially we all got it done for free.

The only thing I can really stress to you, is if you start to get emotionally involved with it... just cut your loses and stop. If you start to lose and get all worried about how you are going to recover, you start making mistakes without realising it and it WILL get worse I can guaruntee that.

Also make sure you are constantly checking your hourly high's and low's, and calculating your averages... plus keep an eye on the mean price and floating averages as they will indicate which way the market is trending for that hour.

Also, I suggest checking out a web based program (you have to pay for it, but you can see what it's about for free) called SPI SURFER. It's a prediction software that gives you the daily major levels for the Sydney Stock Exchange, and it's accurate within 1 point.

If you have any direct questions to ask, then as I said, feel free to fire away... I'll help where I can!

~Sol

• Hey!

Thanks for the offer! I'm sure I got a couple of questions but I got to go to work soon!

I haven't invested much, just over �1k but it's a lot to me. I have high risk tollerance, and don't really mind losing it all. At the moment I have it invested in a penny stock.

• What kind of trades do you do? Day trading, short term (weekly) or longer term? By the sounds of your instruction it sounded short term.

When you pick a stock, what are the most important figures you use and how do you value a company?

Thanks if you can answer any of these! I've been reading a lot of investopedia at the moment, very interesting. Trying to analyse company balance sheets as well.

• Stock is like gambling

You basically waste your money

lol?

• Also do you know any good (free ) stock filtering analysis software? I'm guessing there probably isn't much out there but if you have any personal recomendations I'd love to look.

• Also do you know any good (free ) stock filtering analysis software? I'm guessing there probably isn't much out there but if you have any personal recomendations I'd love to look.

I've never seen any free ones... and if I did, I wouldn't trust it anyway. With this kind of stuff you really do get what you pay for.

• There are free ones with google finance but it's pretty limited.

Could you just quickly explain some financials to me? I found a small company, their financials are:

Income �110k

Gross profit �30k

Loss after tax (�670k)

Cash balance at the year end �180k

EPS 0.18p

I'm confused about the loss after tax, so is this company losing �670k a year??? I understand bracketed values mean negative, but gross profit is positive? Is this company making or losing money

thakns!

• nm figured it out

they aquired another company last year which goes towards an expense or loss

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)