Small news - popfly is going down

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Various Bell Sounds (from small to huge) / 35 Unique Clips / 2:46 minutes of audio
  • Got this e mail todday. ( yeah i was registererd but i've never made anything withit'

[quote:23lrccew]'I�m writing to thank you for registering and using Microsoft Popfly. I�ve been fortunate enough to see all the innovative mashups, Web pages, and games created by the Popfly community since we launched Popfly two years ago. It has truly been a pleasure to watch the spirit of creativity flow through a growing Popfly community over the life of the product.

It�s with a heavy heart that I share some news with you today: on August 24, 2009, the Popfly service will be discontinued and all sites, references, and resources will be taken down.

After August 24th, your access to your Popfly account, including any games and mashups that you�ve created, will be discontinued. However, Microsoft is still very much dedicated to helping you express your creativity and pursuing a path to software development. If you�re interested in refining your skills in Web applications, please visit Microsoft Web Platform Installer. For those interested in programming on the Xbox, then please visit Microsoft XNA or Microsoft Kodu. And for those who are interested in Windows programming, please visit Microsoft Express.

Thanks again for your support and please don�t hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions.

Regards,

John Montgomery

for the Popfly Team'

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Newsflash: Microsoft provides awesome service, people people get behind it and promptly afterward Microsoft yanks the rug from under their feet.

_<

Why didn't just improve search and featured content? this reeks of money under the table.

• I'd guess Popfly has been deemed unnecessary with the release of Microsoft Kodu :-\

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)