A Simple Proposal

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • I'd like a Something Awful Forums account.

Thing is, I don't have a credit card.

So I propose an alternative method of payment.

I will make any Windows program, up to a reasonable complexity, in exchange for a gift certificate emailed to me.

Post your proposal here or PM/email it and I'll consider it.

Ever wanted something to convert between two weird formats/convert full movies to .gif/a custom auto-updater/a custom calculator/whatever, and have 10 bucks to spare?

A few notes:

* I'll probably be making it in C#, so you'll need the .NET framework. There's a chance it'll run on *nix with WINE/Crossover and Mono, but don't count on that.

* After you've agreed and we've confirmed the specs, I'll work on the app.

* Once it's done, I'll make a crippled demo version and send it to you. Then you send the gift cert, and I'll send you the full version.

* You will own the application, and can do what you wish with it, including selling it as yours.

That's all. Any takers?

• How do we know the "crippled version" isn't the only version?

• How do we know the "crippled version" isn't the only version?

Well if you see the Crippled version obviously there is a real version.

Mr Wolf: FYI A Crippled version is a full working version that has 1 part disabled. For example. A word processor without a save or a print function. So you can make a full test but missing a key component.

• > How do we know the "crippled version" isn't the only version?

>

Well if you see the Crippled version obviously there is a real version.

Mr Wolf: FYI A Crippled version is a full working version that has 1 part disabled. For example. A word processor without a save or a print function. So you can make a full test but missing a key component.

That. Unless you mean 'how do I know you'll actually send me the full version' in which case you'll just have to trust that I'm not a wanker.

• >

> > How do we know the "crippled version" isn't the only version?

> >

>

> Well if you see the Crippled version obviously there is a real version.

>

> Mr Wolf: FYI A Crippled version is a full working version that has 1 part disabled. For example. A word processor without a save or a print function. So you can make a full test but missing a key component.

>

That. Unless you mean 'how do I know you'll actually send me the full version' in which case you'll just have to trust that I'm not a wanker.

I know what a crippled version is and yeah, I was just checking.

• This is a cool idea, but I can't think of anything that hasn't been done! (I was going to ask for an app that creates and uses keyboard macros, but then I found AutoHotKey.)

If you're able to, maybe you should expand the proposal to include plugins/behaviours? There's always a ton of stuff floating around in Feature Requests.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lol, I can think of at least two plugins I would pay for and at least three shaders. Although I am slowly working my way through one of those shaders myself.

• (I have an offer now, but I'm still interested in coding in exchange for an account upgrade, which is the same price )

Regarding plugins/behaviors, I have considerably less C++ experience than C#, so no guarantees, but feel free to propose something and I'll consider it.

6Fix: Go ahead, what are they?

• Very nice idea ^^

• Well that's cool you found someone to help you out. As for my "list" I don't actually need them quite yet. Besides, I think one of the shaders might need a minimum of PS 3.0 because of a large number of instructions.

Thanks anyways. I will probably find someone down the road to help though

• As a Goon, I will welcome you into the Family once you have completed you application for your benefactor.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)