Scirra arcade upload limit?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • Will Scirra ever up there upload limit from 10mb?

I've played a few games there that just plain crash my browser and stop the scripts,

On my new game I made a preload layout and event sheet with like 3 events which preload all the big files before going to the complex gameplay event sheet and it runs so smoothly, I have 2 music loop files that are near enough 10mb each too.

I couldn't upload to scirra arcade because my project was 13mb :(

• the problem is the sprites if your using sprites larger than veiwed then shrink them in the image editor

• the problem is the sprites if your using sprites larger than veiwed then shrink them in the image editor

All my sprites are 1:1, I make a mockup in PS first of my game THEN create the sprites, no inbound editing needed, just a shame the limit is 10mb :(

• Are you aware of how much online storage space costs nowadays ?

You're getting 10 megs, free for each of your games, and still you are not happy ?

Also be sure you've used the correct image compression, that you have well designed your project and do you really need for 10 megs of music ?

Don't blame the limitations, that's what game making is all about, learning to work with/around the limitations to make the best job possible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • do you have a lot of animations

try cutting down on frames

• Are you aware of how much online storage space costs nowadays ?

You're getting 10 megs, free for each of your games, and still you are not happy ?

Also be sure you've used the correct scirra.com/blog/66/image-compression-in-construct-2 and do you really need for 10 megs of music ?

Don't blame the limitations, that's what game making is all about, learning to work with/around the limitations to make the best job possible.

"You're getting 10 megs, free for each of your games, and still you are not happy ?"

ohh I see you want me to pay to be a member, doesn't the site make enough from advertising and the software?

they way u speak to members who have bought the software is not appetizing at all!

"Are you aware of how much online storage space costs nowadays ?"

no I was born yesterday, lol

"Don't blame the limitations, that's what game making is all about, learning to work with/around the limitations to make the best job possible."

Yes I know this, it was a simple question, 'from a member'

all my images and sounds are fine, the 8.9 mb sound loop I have is of top quality, who wants scratchy music in there game, plus thats preloaded,

Kongregate gives you a size of 20mb, which is why I uploaded to there site.

• "You're getting 10 megs, free for each of your games, and still you are not happy ?"

ohh I see you want me to pay to be a member, doesn't the site make enough from advertising and the software?

they way u speak to members who have bought the software is not appetizing at all!

Who said anything about paying ?

FYI, Scirra only business plan is on selling licenses for their game making tool Construct2.

You are able to upload up to 10 Mo in their arcade/servers for each of your games (even made with the free version) for free. It means that they are not charging you EVER for space storage.

It's understandable that at some point it's natural for them to put some kind of limitation considering those costs, isn't it ? (contrary to Kongregate who is making revenue of ads and virtual money/points/whatever that helps covering their own storage costs, that's how online business goes)

You talk about advertisement. What advertisement did you see ? The little self-advertisement when playing an arcade game ?

No they are not making money out of this, and that's about the only advertisement on the website.

all my images and sounds are fine, the 8.9 mb sound loop I have is of top quality, who wants scratchy music in there game, plus thats preloaded.

Music is not preloaded in Construct but streamed from a server.

Or you are just using a bad implementation.

Be sure to check the audio plugin manual article to learn more about that process (2nd paragraph).

b]Categorise audio files correctly

It is important to organise audio files appropriately, because audio files in the Sounds project folder are downloaded completely before playing, but files in the Music folder are streamed. This means if a Music track is accidentally put in the Sounds folder, it would have to download completely (which could take a couple of minutes) before it started playing. However, audio in the Music folder can start playing immediately since it is streamed from the server.

For small bandwidths, having to preload a 8.9 Mo file before playing is just bad design anyway, but it's your call in the end.

• SHOW SOME GRATEFULNESS scirra is offering a free service for thousands of people to post there game for free

and kongragate lets you have more space because they make money off of your app and scirra is letting you use it for free and have you tried importing the audio at a lower quality it still sounds great

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)