my rap video

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • a little background story,

so

intuit, the makers of turbo tax had this contest where you could win $25,000 if you made the best rap video about turbotax.

Vanilla Ice decided the grand prize winner. ....Vanilla Ice...

anyway

I got 4th place. 2nd would've got me $5,000. 3rd would've got me $1,000.

The grand prize winner and 3rd place guys emailed me out of the blue and told me I should've won grand prize. it was very gracious of them, and I'm not saying it to brag or to whine; It just seems like an interesting tidbit to the story.

Vocals, beat, and animation by me. sorry about the crappy youtube compression. I don't know how people got their videos to look decent before adobe premiere elements

but without further ado

here is the tax rap

hope you enjoy:

• Wow dude that was SWEET

No shit you should have won... that was a pro video man! Awesome

P.S. Vanilla Ice sucks... uh... you know what!

~Sol

• I'll admit I began watching skeptically, but that was sweet. Really good effort and video.

• That was pretty badass

How long did the animation take? What programs did you use?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • HAHA sounds a little like buck 65..

pretty sick man.

• Visually very nice. Especially when the camera is hovering over the crowd.

• thanks everyone

deadeye

it took about a week. I called in sick to work

that was a week including recording the vocals, too, although that was the first day

I used anime studio to do all the animation

and sony vegas to put it all together,

originally all the lipsync was synced

and there were a few things moving that were synchronized with the music that aren't in the final,

but I was in such a hurry to get it in that I didn't notice I had slided everything over a split second somewhere in there. oh well...

but yeah, anime studio, which coincidentally, the limitations of anime studio are a big inspiration for the animation engine I'm making with construct

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)