"Blackout Europe"

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Blackout Europe

[quote:3b4rnu6r]The internet as we know it is at risk because of proposed new EU rules going through end of April. Under the proposed new rules, broadband providers will be legally able to limit the number of websites you can look

at, and to tell you whether or not you are allowed to use particular services. It will be dressed up as �new consumer options' which people can choose from. People will be offered TV-like packages - with a limited

number of options for you to access.

So act now when you can. I did send mail to your MEPS too becous that law is so damm bullshit.

• This had better not go through.

This had SERIOUSLY better not go through.

'cos if it does, I will [...] their [...] and [...]'ing [...] their stupid [...][darn] [...] because they'll just be [...] with them anyway.

But I'm 99-99% certain this won't go through. hopefully.

[This post to

http://www.scirra.com/phpBB3/ has been altered by ISPBlock to remove potentially offensive content. Visit for more information.]

• [redacted]

• Surely cannot go through legally.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm pretty sure that if they try something like this, nearly every ISP will go broke, because I sure as shit won't be using the internet if it does.

I'll go back to the cheapest pre-paid internet access I can get... and I know a lot of other people that will disconnect it entirely.

They are trying to do the same thing here in Australia:

http://nocleanfeed.com/

~Sol

• I think a lot of people predict doomsday over these things, but I'm sure the Internet will pull through, as it will in future whenever it faces other legal threats.

The whole thing that makes the internet useful and popular is its openness and freedom. If a law is passed allowing ISPs to limit the pages you look at should they choose to, I can imagine how an ISP offering half the internet could prove quite unpopular compared to a "free" ISP!

I doubt censorship is even technically possible to implement successfully (given the hordes of hackers who will, to make a point, circumvent it routinely if done), so for now, I'm not too worried about the fate of the internet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)