Question to the Scirra Team

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Why do we need to use the latest beta to upload our games? We have no choice on what version to use. If I were to use the current stable build (Which is what I'd Prefer) I can't upload the games to Scirra. So it forces me to use the beta. I feel this is not okay as some people such as myself would prefer to use the stable build and not have to worry about every single time a beta comes out in between stable releases.

Just my opinion. It's not too big of a deal. Just don't like switching around versions so much when working on a project. I'd like to keep everything in one place just in case.

• Why do we need to use the latest beta to upload our games?

This is exclusive for bug reporting only to see whether the issue have been addressed or not. The stable version are meant for those who want to continue developing in stable version. So if you found a bug in stable version, test it in the latest beta, if the bug persist then only you file a bug report, otherwise assume the issue has been addressed for the next stable release.

edit: lol I misunderstand the first post, sorry

• The Arcade was designed a couple of years ago now and at the time due to technical and security constraints we could only support one version of C2, and we decided to go with the latest beta instead of the latest stable.

For quite some time we've been meaning to re-write the Arcade to make it a lot better and work around these restrictions, but it keeps getting delayed due to other projects. Hopefully it'll be done eventually though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The Arcade was designed a couple of years ago now and at the time due to technical and security constraints we could only support one version of C2, and we decided to go with the latest beta instead of the latest stable.

For quite some time we've been meaning to re-write the Arcade to make it a lot better and work around these restrictions, but it keeps getting delayed due to other projects. Hopefully it'll be done eventually though.

Ashley Thank You very much for letting me know! That's completely understandable. I can work with it, as I said it's no big deal

• > Why do we need to use the latest beta to upload our games?

>

This is exclusive for bug reporting only to see whether the issue have been addressed or not. The stable version are meant for those who want to continue developing in stable version. So if you found a bug in stable version, test it in the latest beta, if the bug persist then only you file a bug report, otherwise assume the issue has been addressed for the next stable release.

edit: lol I misunderstand the first post, sorry

DuckfaceNinja Yeah haha you misunderstood my post a bit, but it's all good. Ashley was on point

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)