Can we put a forum link tree somewhere on the forum?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Project File of my C3 Tutorial Random Tree Generator
  • Hello!

I generally use forum tree links (e.g. Board index >> Open Topic >> etc.) to navigate forums, and I always get annoyed when I find myself trying to find it here on the Scirra boards only to realize that it doesn't exist. I was wondering if maybe we could add this to the current forum layout?

Anyone else agree that this could be useful?

• --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Look down.

• Are you referring to the dropdown box or the "< Return to whateverforum"? Because that's not what I'm talking about.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Where it says "Jump to:"

• Yeah, that would be the drop-down box.

What I'm talking about is the commonplace linkbar that most forum softwares use by default, where the board hierarchy of whatever forum you're viewing is listed at the very top of the page. It's a very effective way of allowing users to jump to parent forums without having to scoll all the way down to the bottom of the page and use a drop-down box, which by the way adds an annoying extra click to the process since you first need to open it.

In addition, the drop-down list isn't meant to be used as a main form of navigation anyway. Its intended purpose is to allow jumping between completely unrelated forums.

• Breadcrumb navigation? There used to be one at the bottom of the forum, but the forum upgrade recently got rid of it. I don't know why. My experience with phpBB is if it does something weird for no particular reason, let it be, for the preservation of sanities... is it that big a problem?

• Breadcrumb navigation? There used to be one at the bottom of the forum, but the forum upgrade recently got rid of it. I don't know why. My experience with phpBB is if it does something weird for no particular reason, let it be, for the preservation of sanities... is it that big a problem?

i dont even know what that is O.o so i propably wont miss it.

then again - adding it wont hurt me neither.

so whatever happends - i am fine with the outcome

• It's not a big deal, but it makes browsing easier. I'd add it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)