PROTOTYPE - The reason I have been missing for days

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • If you haven't seen this game, then you can watch a video of my giving it a whirl below.

If you have seen the game, watch the damn video anyway! xD

NOTE: (If you click on it within the first 30 mins or so of this post being here, you will only get to see the low definition version as YouTube is still processing the high quality video stream)

AWESOME!

Subscribe to Construct videos now

~Sol

• i concur re: awesome! it looks like it plays really smooth, and the controls appear suited for both close combat and awesome-o city travel.

just wondering: what is the game about? gameplay-wise, i mean ... is it just maxin' and relaxin', or do you gather ep to unlock more superpowers?

• I was wondering the same.

Nice graphics and effects, and a great looking city, but what's the aim of the game.

It's not another hack & slash in a city is it, like Crackdown?

BTW, that part where you steal the tank is straight out of Mercenaries 2, except that you throw the grenade in there with them and hold the trapdoor shut until it goes off.

Sponge.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very gory... why do you need to cut to shreds what appear to be civilians standing around?

• Very gory... why do you need to cut to shreds what appear to be civilians standing around?

you don't need to,

you're just allowed to.

what fun!

It kind of looked to me like he was absorbing their blood. Which is kind of cool, in a really sick way.

• Yeah, Alex can consume people to regenerate and gain new powers.

Anyways, Prototype is AWESOME. Extreme Parkour combined with unholy amounts of destruction and gore, and... Also, yes, you can cut up enemies with helicopter blades. It makes you feel like an unstoppable killing machine, while still throwing challenges at you.

• I wanna try it soon. Looks pretty fun, Like GTA on crack.

• Haha yes, hopefully to answer your questions:

You play the part of Alex Mercer, who gets transformed into this... thing. He has no memory of how it happened, and wants to find out who did it to him. You get dumped in the middle of a three way war between the human military, the mutant regime, and yourself. You can shape shift into many forms which you unlock as the game progresses, then "purchase" through a points (EP) system. You rack up EP through doing missions, going on rampages and surviving, or locating "landmark" items and "hints" throughout the island of Manhattan.

You play the ultimate neutrality in character design, where you kill EVERYTHING around you, good or bad. You "consume" your victims to absorb their soul/essence in order to heal yourself, take their memories, gain their skills, or shape shift into them!

For awhile I tried not to kill the innocent people, but they get in your way ALL THE TIME! After awhile, you just go berserk and and take down anything stupid enough to come near you... though there are multiple ways of playing the game. You can go for the subtle "blend in with the crowd" method, using your "stealth consume" ability to transform in public undetected, or go balls-out and unleash every ounce of killing power you posses in order to complete your objective. I tend to mix it up a little depending on the mission, but generally I go the KILL EVERYTHING method as it is more FUN!

Yes the game is gory, and yes it is like GTA in the sense of the free-roaming... but that's about where the similarities stop.

All in all, I would recommend this if you are hunting for a game to play. IMO it's probably one of the best, if not THE best game out at the moment in terms of playability, graphics, storyline, ingenuity, and intuitiveness. It does suffer from a mild repetition syndrome as do most games these days, but the missions are varied enough to keep to going, and you can always just do a bit of free-roam to cool off, go nuts, or search for landmarks etc.

I'd give it a solid 9.5/10 (better than Gamespot's 8.5/10)!

~Sol

• wow this game looks awesome, i want it.

• im stucked at 98% of web ...

when i see a icon of that dude, i just jump near him and BANG! damn millitary kill him

• Graphics/effects seemed decent, doesn't seem to impress me though. I guess I'm just tired of these style of violent games.

• I've been playing this the past few days. This is one badass game. Hard as hell though... some parts are really frustrating. Well, regular street combat when you're just running around and goofing off is really easy, but some of the missions are just way friggin hard. And the intro bit, where you have all the powers unlocked (before it does the whole "18 days earlier" thing) does NOT give you a fair indication of what it's like later in the game

Anyway, I just got to the Elizabeth Greene boss in Times Square, and she's been consistently handing my ass to me on a platter. I read some tactics on a forum for taking care of her though, I'll give it another shot soon. From what I read, though, it looks like a good 20 minute boss battle .

im stucked at 98% of web ...

when i see a icon of that dude, i just jump near him and BANG! damn millitary kill him

Argh, I hate that! The past few I've tried to pick up get mauled by zombies before I can get close enough to grab them. And I don't know how many I've accidentally killed by pushing grab too soon before stopping and just jump-kicking them in the face, or accidentally pushing grab twice and splattering their guts against the nearest wall.

Do they respawn later? Because I've killed at least fifteen of them, it'd be a shame if I couldn't finish the Web part of the game.

Speaking of Web, does this game remind anyone a bit of a Spider Man 2? I see a lot of similarities, and that game was made by Activision as well.

• Heh, I stopped playing the game not long after your sister gets jacked by that weird thing. I have so many games to play I rarely get to complete them

I really should revisit Prototype... but the new COD MWF2 just came out! D:

Currently playing Forza 3, Borderlands, COD(6?), and Dead Frontier...

Also, Deadeye... welcome to the current century of gaming bud

~Sol

• Heh, I stopped playing the game not long after your sister gets jacked by that weird thing. I have so many games to play I rarely get to complete them

That's right around when it starts to get difficult. That thing that kidnaps her took me a good six or seven tries to kill.

Also, Deadeye... welcome to the current century of gaming bud Glad that system is fast enough to crank Prototype!

Yeah, I've been kind of going overboard on games lately... in the past month I've finished Oblivion (really anticlimactic ending), Assassin's Creed (fun but short, and too repetetive), and Tomb Raider: Underworld (really nice looking and fun, but glitchy as hell, and most definitely the absolute WORST camera in video game history). Don't know what's next after Prototype... who knows, I might actually start working on my Construct stuff again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)