How can we post URL?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • i tried to report my issue but i face following error

You do not yet have permission to post URLs.

We know this is a bit annoying, and sorry about that! We've found that it's a good way to combat spam on our website. Building up the required reputation to post links shouldn't take long at all.

Please press the back button on your browser and remove hyperlinks from your post. You can then resubmit it!

how to post an image/url?

• Post it without the http://(www.) in front and people will manage to find your link. It is just there so that bots don't automatically improve their search machine rank/index by spreading links to their sites.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i doubt why scirra do that.

they should create a user friendly forum since the community here are friendly :)

• i doubt why scirra do that.

they should create a user friendly forum since the community here are friendly :)

There are quite a lot of spammers sometimes, but for your problem, you can try to read more pages of the manual, It helps gettins rep points

• Thanks Aphrodite :)

you help me again!

• The forums are totally inundated with spam if we allow link posting for newly registered accounts. Sorry, we know it's inconvenient, but it stopped the spam almost completely.

• fine Ashley,

nice to speak to u :)

• I think it would be nice if Ashley lowered the requirement by at least 100 reputation points. It's hard enough to get to past 400 from nothing.

One problem I noticed is that noobs can't post their work or progress when requesting help and then some experienced user jumps down the throat of the noob and accuses him/her of wanting all the work done for them. I've read 15+ threads searching for answers and coming across situations like these.

It seems to create a hostile environment of elitism and misunderstandings.

Just my thoughts on it.

• I think it would be nice if Ashley lowered the requirement by at least 100 reputation points. It's hard enough to get to past 400 from nothing.

One problem I noticed is that noobs can't post their work or progress when requesting help and then some experienced user jumps down the throat of the noob and accuses him/her of wanting all the work done for them. I've read 15+ threads searching for answers and coming across situations like these.

It seems to create a hostile environment of elitism and misunderstandings.

Just my thoughts on it.

Getting points is easy if you are committed to learing the software.

I like this system because it also forces new members to read the manual. Just opening the manual is 25 points. Read 20 pages another 25, read 100 pages 85, etc etc etc.

New users jump straight onto the forum without even bothering to read the instruction manual. They ask the most basic of questions, which would have been solved by reading and going through the manual and tutorials. I think this is a great way to get new users to take action.

As for jumping down throat, I had one case like that, and it was valid as he did want someone to design whole thing. He was rude, demanding etc no matter how much we tried to help him he wanted a capx (which was provided, but it wasn't exactly right - lol - could someone fix it - etc etc etc)

I now check on new users to see how much of the manual they have read, and if you haven't even opened the manual, well, you ain't getting help because you not interested in learning.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)